WindowsXP SP3 RC2

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I just recently installed XP SP3 RC2. To be honest it seems to run about the same as SP2. If I had to be super critical it seems a wee bit slower. This could be my imagination though. I read somewhere that it doesn't run with IE7. During the install I did see IE6 pop up during the install. So far no problems. :rolleyes:

I think with most Release Candidates you can uninstall or roll back, so he should be OK. I saw it the other day but decided to wait for the official release.

I know. I am just curious. If I have to I will reinstall sp2. No biggie.

If you have installed any software since SP3, there's a pretty good shot that downgrade process will hose your computer. There is a reason Microsoft states in big bold letters that the release candidates are for testing purposes only.

This old dog I'm running if it were to die It wouldn't be too awful. I'm about to buy another computer. I have replaced everything in it just to keep it running save the processor. I have been looking at the Dell 420. With that said I have a friend who works in my IT Dept that has this same computor and has already reinstalled sp2 on his with no problems. As long as my wife doesn't read this I will be ok.:D

Well I have performed about everything one can do with a computer and find no issues so far. Still running fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)