winegard 76cm focal distance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have sold and installed HUNDREDS of these dish with no problems?

I am not at all impressed with the LNB bracket. It is rather flimsy, doesn't say anything about sliding it front to back. Mine was even missing the top piece for one of the bottom brackets. Sounds like quality control IS an issue.

I have installed HUNDREDS with no missing parts :)

Most people know that the bracket is for adjusting the F/D (Focal distance)

I figured as much on the FD but c'mon ! No mention of it at all? I guess they are assuming everyone who buys their dish has done an install before....not sure the approach I'd tak as an exec.:p

Guess you have not seen the quality of some of the dish out there!

The ALL AMERICAN made Winegard is a VERY well respected satellite dish manufacturer and VERY VERY popular with the members here :)

Oh I know that which is why I bought it. Just a bit surprised at lacking the explanation on the LNB bracket slots and the flimsiness of the brackets themselves..but you are correct sir...no other dish to compare to:p

"Removed off topic install question"

Last edited by a moderator:
Lordalex,

The documentation could be improved on ALL FTA products IMHO. I guess they figure if you're into FTA you are a "do it yourselfer" so you'll figure it out!

Oh I know that which is why I bought it. Just a bit surprised at lacking the explanation on the LNB bracket slots and the flimsiness of the brackets themselves..but you are correct sir...no other dish to compare to:p

be that as it may.... i got signal using motor first but I just want to be sure I'm seeing the sat I think I am and not a name programmed in by the receiver. It would take 5 min by phone :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)