winegard DS-2076

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I had "moved" several years ago to the chicago market. I have been using a larger dish for Sat 129, a Winegard DS-2076. Since Dish recently put the chicago HD locals on a spot beam, I am just on the edge of the beam, at times I get enough signal to lock in on the channels, though the signal strength is only around 15 to 17 when it locks good enough to receive the chicago HDs. The Winegard dish originaly had a clamp that fit a round LNB, but would not allow me to mount the square dish LNB, so I just mounted it on the end of the bracket. It worked fine and gave me good signal, but now I need a bit more signal to get my chicago channels, The only way I can mount my LNB on this dish will not allow me to adjust for skew. Could any one tell me if they know if or where I could find a bracket to hold the LNB that would allow to adjust for skew.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help will be greatly appreciated !

DN signals are circularly polarized. Skewing the LNB will make no difference. The only reason one would skew a dish for DN is to get multiple satellites on the same dish. Make sure the feed mouth is in exactly the best position (front-back, left-right, up-down) or you can suffer a lot of loss. Otherwise your only choice will be to upgrade to a 90 cm or larger dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)