Winegard travler swm help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brad2388

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
I bought a new winegard travler with the swm system.

I got it all working and tested at home and all was good.

We went and used the camper this weekend and the back tv wouldnt work.

It said there was a problem communicating with dish error 775 i believe.

I assumed the antenna was good for 8 tuners. Im only using 7 with the genie and one hr-24.

What am i missing?

I bought a new winegard travler with the swm system.

I got it all working and tested at home and all was good.

We went and used the camper this weekend and the back tv wouldnt work.

It said there was a problem communicating with dish error 775 i believe.

I assumed the antenna was good for 8 tuners. Im only using 7 with the genie and one hr-24.

What am i missing?
Is the coax going to the back roomTV going straight from the splitter ?
Often times in MH's and campers, they send the signal thru a converter of sorts, it can't do that, has to be direct.

Yes i forgot to mention that. I ran all new cables from the splitter to each tv. Im also using a 4 way splitter. Do i need a 8 way? The lnb on the dish is a sl3. But its going thru there box and coming out on the dish. I assume there using it to find the signal? Sinces it automatic?

Yes i forgot to mention that. I ran all new cables from the splitter to each tv. Im also using a 4 way splitter. Do i need a 8 way? The lnb on the dish is a sl3. But its going thru there box and coming out on the dish. I assume there using it to find the signal? Sinces it automatic?
You cannot go thru the bo:mad:switch) in the camper.

You cannot go thru the bo:mad:switch) in the camper.

Thats correct. Its going directly to the greenlabel 4 way splitter that winegard provided. The lnb is wired thru there dish mount on the roof then out to that power inserter and splitter.

Is the 4 way directv splitter my problem? Since i have a 5 tuner genie and a 24 on the same splitter or will it pass all the channels of the swm?

Thats correct. Its going directly to the greenlabel 4 way splitter that winegard provided. The lnb is wired thru there dish mount on the roof then out to that power inserter and splitter.

Is the 4 way directv splitter my problem? Since i have a 5 tuner genie and a 24 on the same splitter or will it pass all the channels of the swm?
You could try removing the 24 and see if the Genie itself works, if that does, then your looking at the splitter, coax or recvr .

Here's the setup guide http://www.winegard.com/support?support=Receiver_Setup_Guides Page 5 has a setup diagram.
Are you sure the power inserter is properly connected? If the RV has a distribution box (not part of the Winegard setup) then cable around it. The 775 means that power is not getting from the PI to the dish. Your splitter is fine.
I'm presuming, seeing he said the back recvr is not working, that the Main one is .... which led me to believe the PIB was working.

Yes, you're probably right, in whch case the problem is that the back receiver is not connected to the splitter, probably as you say because it goes through a distribution box in the RV and either the distribution box isn't connected to the DirecTV splitter, or it has something inside that isn't compatible, maybe an old cable splitter.

I'm presuming, seeing he said the back recvr is not working, that the Main one is .... which led me to believe the PIB was working.

Yes the genie works. And the genie works on the back tv as well. But they wont both work at the same time.
I have another hr-24 i have tried as well and it wont work either. Soon as i take them home they all work again. But i have a swm 16 at home.

The coaxs going to the back and front are new direct runs from the directv splitter. I almost think theres a bad lnb or the splitter. Also the pi is a 21 not a 29. It was included in the kit i bought from winegard.

Yes, you're probably right, in whch case the problem is that the back receiver is not connected to the splitter, probably as you say because it goes through a distribution box in the RV and either the distribution box isn't connected to the DirecTV splitter, or it has something inside that isn't compatible, maybe an old cable splitter.

See my last post.

I havent spoke with winegard yet. 2 voicemails and two emails into them today.

Yes the genie works. And the genie works on the back tv as well. But they wont both work at the same time.
I have another hr-24 i have tried as well and it wont work either. Soon as i take them home they all work again. But i have a swm 16 at home.

The coaxs going to the back and front are new direct runs from the directv splitter. I almost think theres a bad lnb or the splitter. Also the pi is a 21 not a 29. It was included in the kit i bought from winegard.
With only the 2 recvrs, the 21v PI should be fine.
It's not an LNB if they are working when you move them from place to place.

Exactly what splitter are you using ?

for the record, a splitter CAN cause 775. its just very very rare.

I have another splitter but its a 8 way instead of 4 that i will try this week. Hopefully it fixes it. I will report back with the fix.

Its either the splitter or the lnb

Just make sure the PI is on the red ports.

Swapped out the splitter and the problem is fixed! Wierd i know but i had the error on the screen and swapped the splitter and bam both tvs came up.

Thanks for the help. Just wanted to report back that i did have a bad splitter.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts