Wireing diagram

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Can anybody show me an diagram on how iam to connect my 40in HDTV LCD Flat Scrn to my Motorola DSR922 to my 10 foot dish Please. Also i had to buy this 6 ribbon cable of some sort to use from my TV to my Receiver i guess. Thank you

Connecting the 922 to the HDTV depends on the connections on the tv and which ones you intend to use. If you plan to use the 922 for HD, then you will need an HDD200 decoder for decoding the HD from the Satellite, or the R5000 solution, in which case your tv will need to be connected to a computer, or the 16:9time solution, which I'm not sure just how it works. With either the R5000 or 16:9time solution, you will have to send the 922 off for an upgrade, around $500.
As far as connecting the 922 to the dish (much simpler), it depends on what equipment is being used at the dish. Using ribbon cable suggest you have lnb's and not lnbf's. There are 2 coax cables, use one for ku-band and one for C-band. There is a group of wires with 2 heavy wires that power (36v) the actuator and the other 4-6 wires are used for controlling the position of the actuator. Another group of wires control the polarotor (servo motor) that gives you horizontal or vertical polarity.
This probably should be asked in the C-band section of the FTA Discussion Forum? You might get a better response?

Al

I guess i shouldn't of said ribbon cable,Its has jack leads like vidio and audio leads have.But they say it says component video in red grn and blue then the other 2 are for audio l and r

The cables are actually componet video cables.one is red grn and blu the other 2 are audio

Can anybody show me an diagram on how iam to connect my 40in HDTV LCD Flat Scrn to my Motorola DSR922 to my 10 foot dish Please.
The receiver should be connected to the TV via the S-VHS output of the DSR922 and an S-VHS input to the TV. Audio is connected in much the same way using the RCA audio output connectors.

If you didn't already suspect this, you need to contact a professional installer or risk damaging some expensive equipment.

But they say it says component video in red grn and blue then the other 2 are for audio l and r
Because the DSR922 doesn't have component outputs, you must use either composite video (yellow RCA) or S-VHS to connect the receiver to the TV.

What is the easyiest way to setup the receiver to my tv i don't want to record i just want to watch.Thank you I just look at the package the cables came in here is what it says.Designed for HDTV RCA high performance Componet video&sterio audio cable.It says check to see if your components have these jacks One says pr is red pb is blue y is grn and then L is white and ris red Hope that helps for me

Last edited:
The 922 receiver will not get HD, unless you have an HDD200 decoder (or R5000 solution, or 16:9time solution). The HDD200 connects to the 922 and has component outputs for the HD hookup.

Al

OK do i still need the 922 receiver if i get the decoder or do they both work together,your right this is getting costly

You will still need the 922, they work together. If it was purchased in 2002, it should be fine. You do know you will still need a subscription for the programming? I think Nebraska PBS HD is the only current one ITC? If you subscribe to any of the 4dtv movie services, the HD version is included. I think the count for 4dtv HD is at 8 channels?

Al

Thank you for all the info you gave me.One more with the 922 im thinking i shouldn't of gotten it with all this stuff that ain't even available yet.

What else is this HHD200 used for if there is only 8 channels now and its been around a few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)