Wireless Access Point 2

But if it's not "turned off" to update every 3 days it forces a guide update, right? That's the only explanation I can think of since it only goes to the abrupt black screen/disconnect/update every 3rd night. I've talked to Dirt & tried everything, they have no more suggestions. Been dealing with this since October (I own this WJ & hub so that's why I was considering buying the AP2). Cheaper to just buy another wired Joey & set it up myself if AP2 won't do anything different - can't seem to get an answer since even Dish site still shows old AP1.

From what I've been told that's exactly the way the current firmware is supposed to work. If it isn't turned off for 3 days the Hopper is gonna reboot about 1AM. Changing the AP will probably have no effect. It's in the Hopper firmware. It's a feature. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
From what I've been told that's exactly the way the current firmware is supposed to work. If it isn't turned off for 3 days the Hopper is gonna reboot about 1AM. Changing the AP will have no effect. It's in the Hopper firmware.
But that's what I said - it's always turned off when I'm done, it should not be doing it unless it's not registering correctly, right?

But that's what I said - it's always turned off when I'm done, it should not be doing it unless it's not registering correctly, right?

The Hopper and all connected Joeys must be turned off for it to do it's software housekeeping.

Exactly, which is why I said it's not working correctly. It should not be abruptly going to a black screen & disconnecting/updating at 1 am every 3 days. There's something wrong in the software on the one I have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts