Wireless Box won't turn back on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ETS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Port Ewen, NY
I got the DirecTV wireless On-Demand thing last month. I got it up and running and downloaded shows and everything. Last week I had a Powere Surge the whole city lost power for about 3 minutes. The next day when I went to download a show it did not connect and the wireless's boxs blue light was out. The cord thats plugged in still is green light but the box is not blue.

I got the DirecTV wireless On-Demand thing last month. I got it up and running and downloaded shows and everything. Last week I had a Powere Surge the whole city lost power for about 3 minutes. The next day when I went to download a show it did not connect and the wireless's boxs blue light was out. The cord thats plugged in still is green light but the box is not blue.

Do you mean the powerline adapter that plugs into an power outlet or some other true wireless product from DTV like a wireless g/n router? If it's a powerline adaptor it's running off your homes electrical current & could have easily got fried during your power spike &/or outage. Not familiar with the powerline but obviously unplug the unit for two minutes & check for any reset breakers it might have but if all that fails it sounds like your storm might have fried it. Even though these things aren't generally covered by power spikes for warranty purposes my guess would be they would replace the unit before taking it apart to check for fried guts. If it still doesn't work call DTV tech support & tell them it stopped working; leave out the storm details. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)