Wireless connection issues

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I recently moved and got Dish service. HWS Super Joey and Wireless Joey. I have the HWS connected via Wifi and sometimes it shows connected but other times not. I've troubleshot by connecting hard wired and it stays connected with no problems. I physically don't want to run a hard wired Ethernet cable so i need wireless to work. I'm thinking it has to be the HWS wireless as all my other tablets, phones, etc. Connect wireless with no issues. Anyone else run into this problem?

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Yes!
You can go into Broadband setup and find the WiFi signal strength. Mine was 32% That was not enough to provide a happy Hopper.
My Hopper is about fifty feet and 4 walls from the router. I will run an ethernet cable to solve my problem. I will probably add a 4 port switch with wifi near the Hopper so my other devices can benefit as well.

Simple solution... Amazon.com and search for a Hopper Internet Connector. It's the best of both worlds, and better.

Thanks for the solutions! I think i figured it out. Seems the wireless on my Arris SBG6700-AC doesn't play nice with the Hopper. I set it to bridge mode and connected my older Netgear router and seamless for the past few hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts