Wireless Genie Mini C41W Questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
I was totally surprised when they gave me a free wireless client, with no install fee and also no WVB one time fee,

Luck I guess since they're still new and normally don't do free or discount upgrade,

I'll probably have the WVB in the same room where my wireless router is,

or probably in a different room, Will see when the install date comes,
to where it would be best setup to,

How far can the WVB be from the client or router?

I do have a line available in the same room where the router is,
thats also occupied by the HR24,

since that line was initially installed for a non SWM that had 2 coax in back of DVR,

That line comes from the dish, so it shouldn't be problem,

The client is going to replace a H24, I hope my thinking is correct in how I plan to setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was totally surprised when they gave me a free wireless client, with no install fee and also no WVB one time fee,

Luck I guess since they're still new and normally don't do free or discount upgrade,

Since my family and I are looking at going after a free upgrade to Genie (we were waiting for the wireless client to be available), I'm glad I didn't sign on yet to what they were offering.

Essentially, they've told us so far that it would be $49 for the main installation (getting us whole-home ready) and $99 for the wireless bridge setup (which I know is nothing more than getting the bridge itself basically turned on).

I guess you can call it luck; I'd say it has to do with the particular CSR with whom you spoke. Unlike other companies, DirecTV is willing to negotiate, but sometimes you have to get the right person and sometimes it's a phase-of-the-moon thing (no, not really, but they do change their deals from time to time).

Thanks for the heads up!

The WVB does not have to be in the same room as your router, in fact it doesn't even need an internet connection, it just needs to be on the same coax/DECA/MoCA network as the Genie. However it should be at least 4 feet away from any other wireless device.

Distance, that's hard to say since it mostly depends on the construction of your home and how many 'things' it needs to send the signal through. The max is 80" but for example going through a stucco wall with metal mesh will reduce that distance by up to 45".

Thw WVB has a coax pass through port on it so you can install it where your HR24 is and just pass the signal through the WVB, or some other place, just as long as you have a coax run that connects to the DECA network with the Genie.

I currently have wired Ethernet to the HR44, that provides internet to other receivers via the coax, Would the installer have any problem with that setup? Is there anything extra being connected in conjunction with the WVB (DECA,Splitter etc)? Or is that built into the WVB? There's a line available in another room just in case.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I currently have wired Ethernet to the HR44, that provides internet to other receivers via the coax, Would the installer have any problem with that setup? Is there anything extra being connected in conjunction with the WVB (DECA,Splitter etc)? Or is that built into the WVB? There's a line available in another room just in case.

Yes this is not approved. The installer will install a broadband deca behind the 44 and remove your ether net connection. All done free of charge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well the installer just finished installing the C41W/WVB in another room that had coax available for the WVB, and paired the client fine from the HR44, so he didn't even looked or mention the Ethernet on the HR44 from a router.

Yes this is not approved. The installer will install a broadband deca behind the 44 and remove your ether net connection. All done free of charge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I thought that you could either hook up your Genie by Ethernet cable instead of having a CCK to feed DECA internet connection to your other receivers/DVR' s,or in the case of the HR44,connect it wirelessly to achieve the same goal?

Well the installer just finished installing the C41W/WVB in another room that had coax available for the WVB, and paired the client fine from the HR44, so he didn't even looked or mention the Ethernet on the HR44 from a router.

So what's your experience been so far using the wireless client?

Same good experience so far just like the HR44 server, which have good response, The true test would be outside in the garage or backyard, in case it loses it's paired connection I'll relocate the WVB, but I doubt that would be necessary. WVB is sitting in the corner of a small bedroom near the window.

I do see it on my iPad though, just like any other Wifi networks nearby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)