Wireless Genie Mini

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I know they have this 3 mini's on your account thing. If I added a wireless genie mini, would I have to remove one the mini's?

From https://support.directv.com/app/ans...ireless-genie-mini-frequently-asked-questions:

How many TVs can a Genie HD DVR provide with DIRECTV service?

Genie can provide full HD DVR functionality and DIRECTV programming to up to eight connected TVs. However, only four TVs—including the TV connected directly to Genie—can show live or recorded content at the same time.

If you expect to have more than four TVs in use at the same time, we recommend using HD DVRs for those extra TVs to ensure the best entertainment experience.

No, but there can only be three genie mini-clients active at any one time. Each one takes a tuner from the Genie, and of the five Genie tuners only three are available for use by the mini-clients.

without calling DirecTV you would have to "replace" one of the wired minis. if you add a fourth client license on your account, then you can have all 4 but as the ohter have said, onle 3 can be on at the same time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)