This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Wireless Genie on commercial account?

NGeorge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Olympia, WA
Hey all—

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Genie and wireless clients on a commercial account? I work in a historic building, we can’t get cable, and have a bit of a wonky situation for Internet — I’d prefer we use more traditional means for TV rather than IP.

The boss really wants to avoid additional wires strung up — I thought “I know! DirecTV has wireless Genies!”... I called my AT&T rep and he said yep no problem... until it came time to put the order through (2 different reps later)... apparently I can either have regular non-DVR boxes, or I can have a DVR at each TV. Not networked, and not wireless.

Did I just get mis-informed reps? This is a small private building — it’s not an issue of wireless range. Can I just buy the Genie and clients online at a authorized dealer and activate it? Just curious... it seems dumb to me that their most flexible DVR is flat out unavailable to all commercial accounts.

Thanks!
N

It can be done. We do these all the time. Send me a PM. There needs to be a certain code on the account when it’s built.

Does this include public viewing accounts or only private/business viewing commercial account types?

AFAIK the only Genie allowed on a public viewing account is a C61K as part of a HR54/C61K pair per TV to support 4K. Otherwise it is H2x only.