Wireless Genie on commercial account?

NGeorge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Olympia, WA
Hey all—

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Genie and wireless clients on a commercial account? I work in a historic building, we can’t get cable, and have a bit of a wonky situation for Internet — I’d prefer we use more traditional means for TV rather than IP.

The boss really wants to avoid additional wires strung up — I thought “I know! DirecTV has wireless Genies!”... I called my AT&T rep and he said yep no problem... until it came time to put the order through (2 different reps later)... apparently I can either have regular non-DVR boxes, or I can have a DVR at each TV. Not networked, and not wireless.

Did I just get mis-informed reps? This is a small private building — it’s not an issue of wireless range. Can I just buy the Genie and clients online at a authorized dealer and activate it? Just curious... it seems dumb to me that their most flexible DVR is flat out unavailable to all commercial accounts.

Thanks!
N

It can be done. We do these all the time. Send me a PM. There needs to be a certain code on the account when it’s built.

Does this include public viewing accounts or only private/business viewing commercial account types?

AFAIK the only Genie allowed on a public viewing account is a C61K as part of a HR54/C61K pair per TV to support 4K. Otherwise it is H2x only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts