Wireless setup problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wpark2419

Aug 18, 2012
Craigmont ID
I have the c41w in my bedroom, and the hr44 in my living room. I was watching tv in my bedroom night before last when my show suddenly stopped and the screen said something about could not connect. I went and checked my main receiver (which was not turned on at the time) and whatever has happened had caused it to restart (as if it lost power or something). Once it restarts the one in my bedroom started working so I figured it was just a glitch or something. I went to resume watching my show, and the guide and list were both all messed up. Parts of it are enlarged and there are yellow and black lines all over. No matter what channels I scroll to, enlarged in the background is the guide for the cartoon channels. It's like its frozen there or something. I can click on stuff and everything plays just find. It's only the guide and list screens that are like this. My main receiver is fine. I unplugged the thing that is supposed to wirelessly send the information and it took forever for the genie to connect again but it did not fix it. I've reset it twice and it hasn't fixed anything. I tried to attach 2 pics of what the guide and list screens look like.

http://imgur.com/VxWrG0d
http://imgur.com/kdHLAuT

I've just discovered too that my receiver is no longer connected to the Internet and it won't connect. It seems to be unable to locate my internet. I've ran through setup over and over but I keep getting the same result. Any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
That is a weird one! A reset normally fixes problems like this. Hopefully one of the installers will chime in soon.

I don't have any clients so .... are you resetting the Client or the Genie ?
I don't even know if you can reset a Client.

Reset the Genie if you haven't yet and see if that helps, then obviously you'll have to reconnect the Client.

I believe the Clients only work when the Genie is working, seeing it runs off of the Genie, so If the Genie does an update or resets, you should expect to lose signal on the Clients.

i would hazard a guess the 44 did a software update, although usually it pops up on all connected clients asking if it can before automatically doing it. is the picture all scrambled on the client before the TV portion comes up? such as when you had reset the mini and before it said searching for signal. i would try unplugging and replugging the power inserter and hitting the red reset button on the 44. if neither of those fixes it, it's likely something went belly up.

i would hazard a guess the 44 did a software update, although usually it pops up on all connected clients asking if it can before automatically doing it. is the picture all scrambled on the client before the TV portion comes up? such as when you had reset the mini and before it said searching for signal. i would try unplugging and replugging the power inserter and hitting the red reset button on the 44. if neither of those fixes it, it's likely something went belly up.
As for the message that an update is about to occur, I agree, however, if you don't respond to it, I think it will go ahead and proceed.

Thank you for all the replies! It is the mini that I have been resetting. I was worried if I pushed the red button on the main receiver I would lose all recorded programs. From Google it seems like that's not the case. I've watched it start up and nothing is scrambled until it is fully back on and either on the guide or list. The connecting screen is just fine. I also unplugged the part that wirelessly sends the information to it. I'm not sure what that part is called. I will try resetting the 44 in a little bit, someone is watching something on it right now. I never saw any warning that anything was going to update. It seems like I usually get a notification after it updates, not before. But either way I never saw anything about an update.

I suppose it could have been a fluke thing, or something that actually is going wrong.

Let us know what happens once you reset the Genie.

I reset both receivers and the thing that send the wireless to the mini, all at the same time and everything is working fine now. It connected right away to the Internet and the scrambled picture is fine. Thanks very much for the help!

Reactions: cinsu and raoul5788
I reset both receivers and the thing that send the wireless to the mini, all at the same time and everything is working fine now. It connected right away to the Internet and the scrambled picture is fine. Thanks very much for the help!
I was thinking that you were gonna have to reset the Genie because that is the brain of the set up, now that its all up and working I think you'll be fine.
Glad your back in business :biggrin

Reactions: wpark2419
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Options To Overcome Series Manager Limits

DIRECTV Adds 22 Live Streaming Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)