WISH-8 CBS affilliate in Inianapolis hurting consumers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There was a bill in congress earlier this year that would allow satellite/cable providers to offer network stations from adjacent DMA's. I expect a search on this site would find a thread on it. The bill was sent to some committee for study. Contacting your representatives could not hurt. If this bill was law, stations like WISH would have pressure on them to resolve the issues or suffer a lost of viewers of their network to another station. The bill

Call or write your congressman and senators today. If enough people got behind this it would benefit us all and keep a lot of people from having to "move" to solve issues like this.

By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 6/21/2007 11:56:00 AM
A pair of legislators have introduced a bill that would change the distant-signal rules in 47% of the TV markets in the country.

The Television Freedom Act, sponsored by Reps. Mike Ross (D-AR) and Barbara Cubin (R-WY), would allow cable operators to import TV station signals from adjacent DMAs (Nielsen Designated Market Areas) particularly in areas where those DMA's cross state lines.

LIN broadcasting ranks up there with Sinclair as the anti-christ when it comes to givign their signal to Dish/Direct.

Iceburg, I thought that Sinclair was one of the first companies to sign on with Directv to offer their digital signal.

I know these were mostly answered already, but a few other thoughts from a fellow Indy person:

1. IF I can get an HR20 when I order online, and then get WISH-CBS HD (8.1) via the OTA, will I be able to use the DVR to record shows/Colts games? Right now I can pick up WISH-HD via old-time rabbit ears behind the tv since I'm only 15/20 miles from downtown.

As answered, yes. I do it and it works great. I'd call to order, though, if you really want an HR-20. Have them note the order and then you can refuse it if the installer shows up with a 21.

2. Also, when I use online TVGuide and set my location by ZIP code and select listings for "D* w/locals" it doesn't show WISH-CBS but it does show a CBS-HD East channel out of NYC IIRC. Is that actually on there?

Not sure what this is about, but if you enter your zip when you set up the receiver it will pull all of the local stations (including 8-1) into the guide just fine.

3. If I go thru Circuit City dot com it looks like I can "buy" the HR20-700 for $299 (no $100 discount like online) and be sure that I won't get sent an HR21. Will D* still install it for free?

I would be surprised if you couldn't get it for $199 there also, since you probably have to call and sign up with D* while you're in the store. They should give you the same deal.

4. Any idea how long it takes them to install the system after purchase here locally? If I have to wait a month or more it may not be worth it since my primary reason for going satellite is to get the BTN games I'm missing.

I've never waited longer than 8 or 9 days, either for my first install or subsequent service calls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)