Wish I had these in my backyard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badhat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Moses Lake, WA
I just had to share some pictures from work.

Attachments

• 00183.jpg
    00183.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 396
  • 00184.jpg
    00184.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 00185.jpg
    00185.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 00186.jpg
    00186.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 00187.7.jpg
    00187.7.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 00188.jpg
    00188.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 00189.jpg
    00189.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 245
Kind of a thread jack..but - Is TI still much of an issue on C-band? Seems like most of the long haul microwave (ATT) around here has been shut down. Towers have been sold, waveguide scrapped, etc. I don't really know how they are handling LD now, Fiber??

Nice dish farm!!

Regards, Eric

Kind of a thread jack..but - Is TI still much of an issue on C-band? Seems like most of the long haul microwave (ATT) around here has been shut down. Towers have been sold, waveguide scrapped, etc. I don't really know how they are handling LD now, Fiber??

Nice dish farm!!

Regards, Eric

LD is handled by digital fiber. There are still some TI issues, but mainly around airports and military bases.

I need to get a picture

Years ago, when I was a wee lad. There was this big house built. in the back of this house is this monster dish. I'm talking bfd = Big F**king Dish. Has to be a 23ft. maybe not that big. But huge. It has multiple legs going into the ground. No motor either. Like something you see at your cable company. My guess due to age when it was put in. It was pointed at one of the most busy sats in the mid 80's or so. One of these days I'll get a picture of it. From what I can tell all solid. But I doubt it. The signal would have to be off the chart for that size. Also no transmit lnb on it. Looks like standard lnb. Maybe somebody worked at the local tv station or something.

TTFN,

Josh

I have one of those adapter plates, that the lnb's are attached to, seen in pictures 3-6. Mine goes with a 12' fiberglass dish (10 panel), I have stored in the garage. The only reason I don't have it up, is I don't have all the polar mount pieces for it. It's mount is not like any other polar mount I have. I'm not sure if any of the ones I have (3 different sizes) would support the weight of my 12' dish. The ring that holds it together is 2-1/2" thick and 6' across. I would have to weld a standard polar mount to it somehow and keep it uniform and centered. I know it could be done?
Looking at the 1st picture, I've thought of getting some Flashing and placing it around one of my dishes to see if it would improve signal points? Especially on a 1.2m or smaller dish? Just haven't gotten around to it yet. But it's still in the back of my mind.
Thanks for the pictures badhat, we love pictures..!!!

Amazing pics. Looks like a place I would like to work.:)

I noticed that nothing is covered. Everything exposed to keep cool.

The main problem is wasps and birds. Of course it adds to maintenance since fittings get weathered quicker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)