Wishing I had stuck with DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They will be in September. If you don't want to count the RSNs because you have to buy the sports pack to see them, then you'd have to eliminate the premium channels from ALL the counts (D*, E* and cable) as you have to buy the individual premium packages to see them, too!

CORRECT. THE RSNS WILL BE NATIONAL WHEN D10 LIGHTS UP AND WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE THAT WANTS THEM.

And you would have to count many other channels as well. Not every channel is available with the basic DIRECTV package (as well as with FiOS or cable or DISH)- as you add tiers you get more and more. We are not debating how many I will get or how many YOU will get, but how many they OFFER.

Until Aug 15th, isn't it true that not all DISH HD subs get VOOM? I know they count VOOM in their offering don't they? And I think they SHOULD be counting it.

They will be in September. If you don't want to count the RSNs because you have to buy the sports pack to see them, then you'd have to eliminate the premium channels from ALL the counts (D*, E* and cable) as you have to buy the individual premium packages to see them, too!

I'm switching from Dish to D* because it looks like it will be an uphill fight to get the BTN on E*, but there is a big difference between the RSNs and Premium channels. If I buy HBO, I get the HBO HD channel(s), 24-7. If I by the RSN package, I get 20 channels of Tom Arnold and the West Virginia Teenage Volleyball championships, but most of the real sports programming is blacked out on all of the RSNs except for my local ones. That's what people mean by part time. HBO doesn't black out 2/3s of its movies based on geography. It's not D* or E*fault, but to me, that does make them different than the premium channels. Plus, aren't all satellite channels premium? I have to pay for all of them, I am pretty sure.

Anyhow, I don't understand the p*issing matches about who has or will have more HD channels anyhow. Choose the provider that offers you the best deal for you. Honestly, about 2/3s of the Voom channels never have illuminated my TV screen. I would anticipate the same will be true for the 50 plus HD channels coming to D*. But D* is delivering more sports programming than E*, so that is why I am switching.

I don't count the RSNHD, because All of them arent available to everyone. Do you guys really belive they aren't going to be blacked out? Even with the sports pack now you cant watch baseball on every channel unless you have MLB pack.HBO Starz Cinemax Showtime. Are avail. to everyone all the time.Counting RSN's to me is like counting PPV HD. Its not always there when you want it.

Well I believe the lady I talked to already WAS in retention.........she was supposed to have a manager call me, but as of yet no call. I'll wait one more day (I have finals tomorrow) and then I'll call back.

Trust me, I already threatened to leave and her answer was that I can't........and she sounded pretty cocky about it too. Letting me know I would have to pay the cancellation fee and the non-refundable $400 equipment costs.......

Wow!! This thread is starting to sound like a "my dad can beat up your dad" thread.. Personally.. When all the new channels go active, I will have the best HD Services available, cause I have both E* and D* in my house. My guess is one or the other is going to have more.. Who knows which one.. But either way..

I AM READY...... :)

My guess is one or the other is going to have more.. Who knows which one.. But either way..

I AM READY...... :)

Going out on a limb there, Nostradamus! :)

I just took the plunge this morning and signed up for Directv, in addition to Dish. My house will look like a Weather station with all of the dishes, but I will have the BTN! So I am ready too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)