"THIS" is a great channel!

SAT 123W Galaxy 18
TP 11.720 V
S/R 27.692 MS/s
VPID 0053
APID 0054
PPID 0054
call sign WNGS

I have only been monitoring it for a couple of weeks now, but "this" is excellent. Check "this" out, it is akin to RTN and possibly even better.

This is the programming that I like to watch. Thank you for "this"!

Radar

PS most already know about this channel, I would like to promote it further because I want to see it continue.

I find "This " is ok..I'd like to see more Classic TV shows than just Mr. Ed and Patty Duke, and not so many movies, as I am not generally into movies...As far as WNGS, I like the sports they have and am hoping for some baseball like they have had in other years..I've kind of enjoyed "Greatest American Hero" on WPXS St. Louis recently..From what I've read of RTN, I really want to see this channel..

"This" is on 3 or 4 channels on G18
KFDF
WNGS
KKYK
KWWF
WBIF (C-Band)

I've seen a few movies on there but few and far between. Guess not much of a movie fan.

Hate to say it but the best was when a bunch of stations on G18 would carry sporting events (baseball). But then again that is when teams had games on OTA more prominently ;)
3-4 years ago we had alot of the OTA games from the Cards, Royals, Rangers, Astros, Yanks & Mets on various stations on G10 plus the Rays games on WBIF (G3 C-Band)
now most are gone (sans Cards and maybe Mets & Yankkes)

I find myself watching THIS alot! :)

Me too!

In all honesty, I don't watch the TV too often, I just dabble at this as a hobby and I rarely watch what is on the telly. When I scan and find something good like "this" I start watching.

I grew up with 4 channels... 3, 6, 7 and 12, out of Omaha. My favorite shows were Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Star Trek, The Lawrence Welk Show (my folks made me watch that one), Laugh-In, Hogan's Heros, Gilligan's Island, and my favorite (a local specialty) Creature Feature with Dr. San Guinary! Oh, I forgot to mention ...... Hee Haw!!!

The one thing that I relish now is how we watched most of these programs. My Mom would make a "kettle" of popcorn with real butter and real salt in a pressure cooker that she had to slide back and forth over the stove top and jiggle once in a while to make sure that none of the corn came out burned!

There were very few old maids in my Mom's popcorn. Those that were there were a treat to munch on.

I would pester my sister and untie her shoelaces or tie them together while we were watching the B&W 19" Sylvania TV that had a rabbit ear antenna and a horizontal hold problem and required continual adjustments as the TV warmed up!

Every Sunday night was the real treat! Ribeye Steaks and homemade Fries in front of the TV, instead of eating dinner at the dining table.

The best memories were of Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. "I will stay up in the helicopter while Jim wrestles for his life with this man-eating tiger, bear, anaconda, elephant, rhinocerous, chimpanzee, hamster"! LOL That was always the line that Marlin used, no matter what the situation. Jim was always doing the work and Marlin was looking over the scenery and narating the show! :)

That show really put Omaha on the map and secured the Insurance Company for many years, and still today.

The Lawrence Welk show was good, but as a kid, I didn't identify with it then. But, the bubbles were pretty cool.

Then, on Saturday or Sunday night there was the Disney hour. Best thing I recall is the Love Bug Movies! Herbie Rides Again! Herbie Goes Bananas! etc. :)

And how about movies on TV back then? John Wayne and The Cowboys, John Wayne and HATARI! The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, Stalag 17, The African Queenl, Force 10 From Navarone, True Grit, High Noon, The Good The Bad and The Ugly!

Can you all remember some more of these greats? How about the Donna Reed Show, My Three Sons, Leave It to Beaver, The Munsters, Car 54, Route 66, F-Troupe, Maverick, The Rifleman, Wagon Train, and Rowdy Yates in Rawhide! ???

They don't make TV shows worth watChing anymore. That is why I like White Springs TV and RTN and "THIS"!

I sure wish they would bring all of this back, I would like to watch something good on my TV!

Does anyone identify with me in regards to these great shows?

Gordy (AcWxRadar)

Me too!

In all honesty, I don't watch the TV too often, I just dabble at this as a hobby and I rarely watch what is on the telly. When I scan and find something good like "this" I start watching.

I grew up with 4 channels... 3, 6, 7 and 12, out of Omaha. My favorite shows were Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Star Trek, The Lawrence Welk Show (my folks made me watch that one), Laugh-In, Hogan's Heros, Gilligan's Island, and my favorite (a local specialty) Creature Feature with Dr. San Guinary! Oh, I forgot to mention ...... Hee Haw!!!

The one thing that I relish now is how we watched most of these programs. My Mom would make a "kettle" of popcorn with real butter and real salt in a pressure cooker that she had to slide back and forth over the stove top and jiggle once in a while to make sure that none of the corn came out burned!

There were very few old maids in my Mom's popcorn. Those that were there were a treat to munch on.

I would pester my sister and untie her shoelaces or tie them together while we were watching the B&W 19" Sylvania TV that had a rabbit ear antenna and a horizontal hold problem and required continual adjustments as the TV warmed up!

Every Sunday night was the real treat! Ribeye Steaks and homemade Fries in front of the TV, instead of eating dinner at the dining table.

The best memories were of Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. "I will stay up in the helicopter while Jim wrestles for his life with this man-eating tiger, bear, anaconda, elephant, rhinocerous, chimpanzee, hamster"! LOL That was always the line that Marlin used, no matter what the situation. Jim was always doing the work and Marlin was looking over the scenery and narating the show! :)

That show really put Omaha on the map and secured the Insurance Company for many years, and still today.

The Lawrence Welk show was good, but as a kid, I didn't identify with it then. But, the bubbles were pretty cool.

Then, on Saturday or Sunday night there was the Disney hour. Best thing I recall is the Love Bug Movies! Herbie Rides Again! Herbie Goes Bananas! etc. :)

And how about movies on TV back then? John Wayne and The Cowboys, John Wayne and HATARI! The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, Stalag 17, The African Queenl, Force 10 From Navarone, True Grit, High Noon, The Good The Bad and The Ugly!

Can you all remember some more of these greats? How about the Donna Reed Show, My Three Sons, Leave It to Beaver, The Munsters, Car 54, Route 66, F-Troupe, Maverick, The Rifleman, Wagon Train, and Rowdy Yates in Rawhide! ???

They don't make TV shows worth watChing anymore. That is why I like White Springs TV and RTN and "THIS"!

I sure wish they would bring all of this back, I would like to watch something good on my TV!

Does anyone identify with me in regards to these great shows?

Gordy (AcWxRadar)

Great thoughts!
When I was a kid in rural Stark County, Ohio (Canton-Massillon area) we only had 3, 5, and 8 out of Cleveland. I loved shows like Get Smart, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched and other fantasy sitcoms of the era..I watched Cartoons with local favorites "Barnaby" and "Captain Penny" As I grew older, I liked "Hoolihan and Big Chuck" and "Big Chuck and Lil John" on Friday/Saturday nights..They showed cheesy Horror/SciFi movies with skits around them..A lot of people just watched the skits and ignored the movies..Counting "Ghoulardi" before them, this show was on WJW-Channel 8 an incredible 44 years!

I loved the morning game shows such as Concentration, Jeopardy, Match Game, You Dont Say! and others..Local TV had personalities you could identify with and would be around for years..Also, you could find more to watch on 3 or 4 channels back then than you can now with 500..

This is is a lot of the reason I started my vintage broadcasting blog..

Cleveland Classic Media

That I mentioned in another post..To capture the more innocent times, that television was local, and was worth watching..This is also why I like the concept of Free To Air..The possibility of finding shows that go back to those more innocent times, that the "TV Lands" of the world seem determined to ignore..

Great thoughts!
When I was a kid in rural Stark County, Ohio (Canton-Massillon area) we only had 3, 5, and 8 out of Cleveland. I loved shows like Get Smart, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched and other fantasy sitcoms of the era..I watched Cartoons with local favorites "Barnaby" and "Captain Penny" As I grew older, I liked "Hoolihan and Big Chuck" and "Big Chuck and Lil John" on Friday/Saturday nights..They showed cheesy Horror/SciFi movies with skits around them..A lot of people just watched the skits and ignored the movies..Counting "Ghoulardi" before them, this show was on WJW-Channel 8 an incredible 44 years!

I loved the morning game shows such as Concentration, Jeopardy, Match Game, You Dont Say! and others..Local TV had personalities you could identify with and would be around for years..Also, you could find more to watch on 3 or 4 channels back then than you can now with 500..

This is is a lot of the reason I started my vintage broadcasting blog..

Cleveland Classic Media

That I mentioned in another post..To capture the more innocent times, that television was local, and was worth watching..This is also why I like the concept of Free To Air..The possibility of finding shows that go back to those more innocent times, that the "TV Lands" of the world seem determined to ignore..

Thanks Tim!

You mentioned a few others that I like myself, such as "I Dream of Jeanie" and "Get Smart" and Bewitched! I alwauys thought that Elizabeth Montgomery was extremely attractive!

But my best gal was Dawn Wells from Gilligan's Island! She (Mary Ann) was the girl that I wanted to marry when I was a kid! Nice legs! :)

She was the epitomy of the midwestern girl! Honest, no baggage, innocent, sweet, and she baked coconut cream pies for Gilligan! :)

Radar

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Here is another step back in time for me...

The Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show, the original.

Wile E. Coyote, The RoadRunner, Foghorn Leghorn, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester the cat, Yosemite Sam, Speedy Gonzales and all the rest!

Eating authentic German pancakes with lots of homemade maple syrup and watching these cartoons was great!

I can remember those times like yesterday!

And erector sets and Lionel trains, too!

Gordy (AcWxRadar)

I'll always remember coming home from school for lunch and watching the Flintstones, but my best time was going nextdoor to my grandparents to watch Walt Disney on the weekend. We only had a b&w tv, but they had a colour tv. There would always be a can of pop, or a homemade pudding ready.

Here is another step back in time for me...

The Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show, the original.

Wile E. Coyote, The RoadRunner, Foghorn Leghorn, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester the cat, Yosemite Sam, Speedy Gonzales and all the rest!

there is a channel on Canadian DTH called "Teletoon Retro" which has the older cartoons...kinda a neat channel to see the old Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Fat Albert etc

But my best gal was from Gilligan's Island! She (Mary Ann) was the girl that I wanted to marry when I was a kid! Nice legs! :)
Radar

Ahhh, Mary Ann! Made us all want to be Gilligan stuck on that Island!! :up

dawn+wells-721801.jpg

Most of my favorite oldies I never see listed anywhere. Every now and then somebody will carry some old Lone Ranger episodes. But whatever happened to Whirlybirds, Ripcord, Rescue 8, Casey Jones and Wild Bill Hickock?

They sure don't make good shows like that anymore.

BTW, Mary Ann was my favorite also. Sigh

Ah the GOOD OL DAYS! I was born in 1970 - we had a b&w set for a long time! We got 2 channels real good - 1 kinda (if I put enough tin foil on the rabbit ears) and PBS kinda came in when it wanted too. The shows back then were awesome! That is the type of programming I wach to this day :)

Aside from Mary Ann, my favorite childhood "heart throb" was Valerie Bertinelli on One Day At a Time.......Barbara was so much better looking than Julie.......never could figure out why Julie got all the dates!

Yep these were the good old days........

My fav, shows are.......

Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, Benny Hill, Brady House, I dream of Jeanie, Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Knight Rider and Airwolf.:):up

We used to have 3 independents station in Albuquerque TV market but sadly they all gone......

KSAF-TV ch. 2, "Now a FOX KASA-DT" KGSW-TV ch. 14, "Now a KFTQ-TV Telfutera Spanish Network" and KNAT-TV ch. 23 "Now a KNAT-DT TBN, REL:p"

I remember the Million Dollar Movie, where they would show the same movie for an entire week, or at least until my Dad couldn't take seeing "Mighty Joe Young" for the nineteenth time.

I have vague memories of "20 Mule Team Borax" - an hour show sponsored by one product. It had commercials at the beginning, at the half hour, and at the end - a far cry from today when all they try to do is get in some ad somewhere

THIS is a pretty good station.

The real bottom line is though, if you are with family and friends, a fire is going, popcorn is in bowls and kids are getting into mischief, it is a very good time.

No matter what is on TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)