WNGS/RTN (G10R) Schedules

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat_addict

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Has anybody noticed discrepancies between the RTN "whats on next" banners during commercial breaks and what actually comes on? I watch WNGS the most and that's why I am using WNGS as the example. I don't remember if the other RTN channels do the same thing.

My guess would be it's just a placeholder banner for cable companies to insert there own frame (supplied by RTN) based on location, time slot, etc.. I did a search in this forum and did not see anything regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance

Yes. My favorite is right after Mission Impossible. The announcer says "Coming up next: Hawaii Five O". The screen says "Gomer Pyle". My guess is that the wrong graphic is programmed into their automation system. We, being easily entertained apparently, won't change channels from WNGS each night until we see the Hawaii Five O/Gomer Pyle announcement.

All of the RTN stations are run out of one location and that is little rock Arkansas (Equity’s home base) so it is possible they get them mixed up. I’ve seen this on a coupe other stations where they show on the TV one show at X time but it’s a different one.

Watch some of the sporting events on the Equity channels and you'll see why they're back woods :D

I try and watch NWA Anarchy (Wildside) on WNGS but the last 2 weeks they have black space for 5 minutes at the beginning then try and start the show but end up cutting early :(

I have some record timers setup for WNGS and they do quite often cut the end of the show, play the same clip over and over or have dead air (black screen). The coming up next banners only seemed to be wrong recently. In the past they have also played the DVD menus with the pointer selecting the episode to be played. The programmer must have been thinking it was time for a vacation. Recently they have stopped the 24hr online steaming and now only stream for Retrojams and Unreliable Sources. Too bad as this was a good way to fill a lunch break or a slow afternoon.

Iceberg said:
Watch some of the sporting events on the Equity channels and you'll see why they're back woods :D

I try and watch NWA Anarchy (Wildside) on WNGS but the last 2 weeks they have black space for 5 minutes at the beginning then try and start the show but end up cutting early :(
Tony, NWA tapes those shows about about 30 minutes up the highway from me.I have seen the outside of the so called arena.It's in a fairly rural area but I guess they have quite a few regulars.

john green said:
Tony, NWA tapes those shows about about 30 minutes up the highway from me.I have seen the outside of the so called arena.It's in a fairly rural area but I guess they have quite a few regulars.

Isn't it like a school gymnasium or something? I know its not A/C'd (I read that in an article)

They've been drawing 150+ for the biweekly TV tapings and 200+ for the big shows which for indy shows is really good. I've been at shows with 30 poeple so 200 seems like a lot (especially considering the arena doesn't look big)

It looks more like an oversized metal shed.I will bring my camera with me next time I head that way.You will get a kick out of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)