WNY cost for naked intenet after the 12 months?

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Darn near impossible to get information on what the charge will be after the 12 month promo ends. Anyone using TWC have just internet? What speed at what cost after the initial 12 month promo goes away?

Thanks

No idea about TW but,just switched to Charter here.It's $39.99 for 30 down 4 up,for 12 months.It increases by $5 at the end of the 12 months.

I have just internet with TWC in Milwaukee. Upgraded to 25/1. I am off of promotions and am paying a whopping $67.53/mo. That is $63.95 in services and $3.58 in taxes.

And yes, it is impossible to find out how a service change affects price, except by doing it. $67 is too high, and I need to go shopping.

P.S. Just looked at UVERSE here, and it is the same price to the penny for that speed. :(

Last edited:
I have just internet with TWC in Milwaukee. Upgraded to 25/1. I am off of promotions and am paying a whopping $67.53/mo. That is $63.95 in services and $3.58 in taxes.

And yes, it is impossible to find out how a service change affects price, except by doing it. $67 is too high, and I need to go shopping.

P.S. Just looked at UVERSE here, and it is the same price to the penny for that speed. :(

Wow I'd say go shopping!I think they are charging you tax when they shouldn't be unless,you have phone or tv too?

Just internet. It says Wisconsin state tax.

Looked some this morning, and don't really see a cheaper option, except by thrashing between carriers for intro rates.

I would check into that tax as stargazer pointed it out to me there shouldn't be a tax on internet only.You might try calling TW up and asking for a better deal or tell them you have a better offer.I read of some folks doing that with Charter and having pretty good success.

When I was involved with an internet company 5 years ago we had only one charge on the bill, the simplest bill you ever see and that was the internet charge. No taxes, etc. Just the one fee and that was it. I've had others tell me that their bill was that simple too when they had internet only. When I had dialup a few years back it also did not have any taxes charged.

I don't think they are allowed to charge you any tax for internet service by federal law.

I found this article from 2005 that says Wisconsin is defying the Federal Law and enforcing it by threats to audit anyone who complains.
http://news.heartland.org/newspaper...nsin-collect-internet-tax-despite-federal-ban

This article from 2007, says that since Wisconsin had the tax since 1991, it has been grandfathered and is allowed to collect until 2014. :(
http://wtnnews.com/articles/4305/

I found this article from 2005 that says Wisconsin is defying the Federal Law and enforcing it by threats to audit anyone who complains.
http://news.heartland.org/newspaper...nsin-collect-internet-tax-despite-federal-ban

This article from 2007, says that since Wisconsin had the tax since 1991, it has been grandfathered and is allowed to collect until 2014. :(
http://wtnnews.com/articles/4305/

Boy talk about a rip off!I would have to assume that there are other states doing this as well.

Wow, this is maddening. However I did just get a CSR/sales person on the phone who gave me some better information than what I had.... because basically I had very little from them. The "promotional price" currently for 20Mb is $44.98 "for 12 months". When pressed..... HARD.... I said, "you MUST have customers who have this speed and who are no longer on the promotional pricing. What are THEY paying?" and he told me it was $65. So.... after 12 months it would jump from about $45 a month to $65 a month for the 20Mb tier. The 30Mb tier is $10 higher for promo and I expect the jump would be about the same ($20) when the promo ends. So... 30Mb will be $75 a month.
That's an awful lot to pay for internet service. I was hoping to get cable internet for around $40 a month after any promo pricing dies. I think that would get me 3Mb. Or for $55 after promo ends I could be on 10Mb. Wow.... I think I've been living under a rock. We don't have a lot of choices out here in cow country. It's DSL or Time Warner. That's about it. I'm not real happy right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts