WOOHOO, todays, the day!!!

jbess

Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
CT
Hope the rain from Ivan doesn't mess up my sch. install :no

Is there any quick tips for after the installer leaves? I'm getting DHA w/ 811/522/311.... this is gonna be sweet!

Here's hoping that you're one of the folks that don't have any 811 issues/problems. But if you're waiting around you might want to review all the posts in the 811 section, if you haven't already, to see what workarounds are available for some of the quirks.

As with most discussion groups, only the ones with problems post. There's a lot of 811's out there like mine, that are working fine. There are some glitches, but the workarounds are tolerable until the fixes are released. Make sure you have an OTA antenna for local channels. That's where the best HD football is.

My 811 is great. I was preparing him for the dreaded call "I am behind", "we ran out of....." " I will be there this afternoon rather than this morning", "oh crap, they didn't put so and so in the box", " oh my lord, I picked up the wrong screwdriver", " Why didn't he put the bag of concrete in the truck", " You don't have an extension ladder I can use, do you?"...those kinds of things. :D

Actually things went rather well. Had an issue with switch in LNB and couldnt see one of the sats at test screen. I think the installers (3 showed up in 2 vans) could of thought for themselves not to wrap coax over front of gutter instead of me telling them to please change it.

As far as everything else, I can't complain. On a bit of a learning curve w/811 and 522. so far I am pleased with HD pq. I am pushing it through a set of component monstercable to a Mits. 42" rptv audio is tos-link to a yamaha reciever.

Thanks for the heads-up on 811 quirks and the fact that there is workarounds... Joe

GaryPen said:
Actually, that would be on DirecTV. ;)

Wrong, you have to roll the dice with direct tvs hd coverage. They have to many black out issues, even when someone is suppose to get the feed, there are way to many problems. see the many complaint posts. lots of customers are pissed.