Workload Has Collapsed

Quantum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
OR
WTF is going on? The past few weeks my paychecks have been 1/3rd what they were, and I can't pay the rent anymore. It is supposed to be a good time, with football and everything.

Has anyone seen any figures of declining subscribers or new subscribers? Or does anyone know exactly why this is happening or when it will end? Should I find another job?

what satellite company do you work for ? i know that recently that directv installations have dropped off sharply.

i guess thats a good thing,but what satellite company do you guys install for ? dish network or directv ?

We have been feeling the pinch here as well. That's why I'm often on here during the day. I install Dish for a retailer now. My buddies at my old DNS office tell me the same story. One job a week for some tech.s. People are making do with what they have, afraid of another monthly bill. Our area is mostly rural, underserved by cable, but it is becoming saturated- everybody has it that wants it. I suppose the city tech.s might get more work than us due to cable cust.s switching over. I've had to supplement my income by taking in non-tech. jobs. Mowing, farm fencing, etc. My retailer does computer stuff, so we occaisionally have an office to wire with RJ-11, etc. but it is too slow to survive on Dish alone here.

I install Dish of course, since this is the Dish forum. I'm in the PacNW

peaked, that sounds familiar. I suspicion it's something more than seasonal. The Dish GM told us that he is cutting the subcontractors from 6 to 2, and that doesn't sound seasonal. I think my company will keep work, but I'm barely paying rent now and am wondering whether to bolt.

A couple quarters ago Dish lost 350k subscribers. Does anyone know the latest figures? Is this just a Dish thing, or is Direct also affected?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)