World Cinema HD: Fat Girl (Premieres)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
worldcinemafatgirl.jpg

Uh-oh. No Fat Girl at 7:00am. Dead air for two or three minutes, followed by a "VoOm is experiencing temporary technical difficulties" screen for a few minutes. They're now showing the DVD Extra thing for The Battle of Algiers. Hope they figure out what's up.

TheTimm that was quite an early rise for you. I saw the message on my recording HS2 for that movie. Let's see next show if it's there.

This is why I LOVE Voom's WorldCinema channel. I could use 3 more HD channels like that one.

Less than a mile from our house is an independent cinema showing only art films, foreign films, and independent films. No American blockbusters. I used to go there a lot, but I cut back on my cinema budget when I got VaVaVoom. You can probably guess, between FilmFestHD and WorldCinemaHD there goes 50% of my viewing time.

I wish IFC were in HD -- coming soon I suppose.

And by the way...
GO CHUCK!
GO VOOM!

1080iBeVuMin said:
This is why I LOVE Voom's WorldCinema channel. I could use 3 more HD channels like that one.

I wish IFC were in HD -- coming soon I suppose.

And by the way...
GO CHUCK!
GO VOOM!
I haven't been much of a fan of foreign films really -- a little too much work IMO to follow the subtitles and still get the feel of the movie. But after today, I think I can officially say I've just not been seeing the right foreign films. I've seen three today that I really enjoyed -- oddly enough only one was actually on WorldCinema, although all would fit in there. Fat Girl, Knife in the Water, Onibaba. All winners. And the last two were simply stunning visually -- beautiful. I might not always understand what the hell the filmmakers' intentions are, but these movies sure have a way of making you think and feel. Keep up the good work, Voom.... Please? :D

TheTimm said:
I haven't been much of a fan of foreign films really -- a little too much work IMO to follow the subtitles and still get the feel of the movie. But after today, I think I can officially say I've just not been seeing the right foreign films. I've seen three today that I really enjoyed -- oddly enough only one was actually on WorldCinema, although all would fit in there. Fat Girl, Knife in the Water, Onibaba. All winners. And the last two were simply stunning visually -- beautiful. I might not always understand what the hell the filmmakers' intentions are, but these movies sure have a way of making you think and feel. Keep up the good work, Voom.... Please? :D
Sorry for going way OT, but if you are getting the foreign film bug, you might check out "The Barbarian Invasions" (2004). It is a special favorite of mine, but by no means for everybody. It's been on the premium channels. Perhaps you have already seen it.

Gunslingers HD (109): Heaven's Gate (OAR) (Premieres)

World Cinema HD: The Castle (Premieres)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)