World Cup 2006 LIVE!

I could see adding italy, but not france. The team today and the team from 98 are not the same. France is old. Thierry has not proven himself (More a case of "What have you done for me lately?) outside of Premier League, and one man doesn't make a team good.

Purogamer said:
I could see adding italy, but not france. The team today and the team from 98 are not the same. France is old. Thierry has not proven himself (More a case of "What have you done for me lately?) outside of Premier League, and one man doesn't make a team good.
Agree totally, France is an old team, see ChecRep... Italy on the other hand has an averahe of 25 years old and a good group.

Purogamer said:
Henry scored a goal in thier last game and played very well, so he has done something for them lately. Anyway, the question was not who was going to win the Cup, but who would I rank ahead of the US. And I still think France has a better side than the US right now, no matter how old they are. Hell, if we're picking a favorite to win, I have to go with Brazil, but even their back line scares me.

Why in the world would they keep van Nistelrooij on the bench? Doesn't make sense!

We should have had this discussion a week ago so we could all make predictions.

What's after tuesday's games and this round is over, we all make our predictions for the rounds that are left?

France sucks, wow they beat togo who looked pretty bad in their 3 games, whoooo. France played a smidge better than the US so I guess they should be ranked ahead of them NOW. But pre-cup, france has no case to be ranked higher.

Best finish to a match yet was the Italy win over Australia today. Catch sportscenter today if you couldn't watch it live as Italy scored on a PK in the 95th minute...

This match will haunt australian fans for at least the next 4 years...

Purogamer said:
Best finish to a match yet was the Italy win over Australia today. Catch sportscenter today if you couldn't watch it live as Italy scored on a PK in the 95th minute...

This match will haunt australian fans for at least the next 4 years...

There is a 50% chance that a ref calls the foul that caused the PK, and lucky for us the Spanier called it. Italy goes ahead and Australia goes home. It sucks but this is the World Cup, and some games end with results that don't always reflect the reality of the game. Good luck next Australia, for now FORZA ITALIA!!

Did you guys know that Espn.com has the games Live. Well, maybe with a 15 seconds delay but they are showing them live. I was so excited to get to watch them here at work. Shhhhhhhhhh.......keep it in this thread though

Purogamer said:
We should have had this discussion a week ago so we could all make predictions.

What's after tuesday's games and this round is over, we all make our predictions for the rounds that are left?

France sucks, wow they beat togo who looked pretty bad in their 3 games, whoooo. France played a smidge better than the US so I guess they should be ranked ahead of them NOW. But pre-cup, france has no case to be ranked higher.
We'll have to disagree on that one. France plays against much tougher competition in Europe than the US plays in the CONCACAF region. Yep, they only beat Togo, but they didn't lose to anyone either. They do have their work cut out for them tomorrow, though.

Well, if France gets past spain today (c'mon...) they'll have brazil, and no way they beat brazil. Ronaldo has not only woken up, but he's had a fire lit under him.

Just scored a fantastic Juke-out-the-goalkeeper goal in the 5th minute...In basketball terms, he broke the goalkeepers ankles...his 15th goal

And now it's 2-0 at the half as brazil scored just before halftime. You could see that goal coming as they marched right up the field, though it was controversial as to whether it was offsides or not. Doesn't matter, it's brazil's 200th WC goal.

Last edited:
They showed up today, I'll give them credit. I didn't watch but I'm surprised the spanish team lost.

Ok let's get prediction

Fri: Germany vs. Argentina - Wow, hard to pick. Argentina is on fire but I think Germany keeps rolling here
Fri: Italy vs. Ukraine - Italy has been lucky so far but I think they stay lucky. Big Upset potential here, but I'll go with Italy

Sat: England vs. Portugal - Haven't been impressed with portugal but England is on fumes. PUT IN PETER CROUCH!! I'll go with England, they create a lot of chances to score, just haven't been able to get it in as much...
Sat: Brazil vs. France: Oh come on, Brazil rolls here...

Tue: Germany vs. Italy - Germany Rolls
Wed: England vs. Brazil - Brazil Rolls

Sat: Italy vs. England - England wins and claims 3rd place
Sun: Germany vs. Brazil - What a match this would be, as Germany wins on their home turf and takes home the cup.

To me, the funny thing about these games is that under the right circumstances, all of them could go either way. In other words, I don't think that any of these games are sure things. With that being said, here are my picks. Some may be more from the heart rather than the head.

Fri: Germany vs. Argentina - Argentina. This has the potential to be most exciting game of the Cup thus far.

Fri: Italy vs. Ukraine - Gli Azzurri.

Sat: England vs. Portugal - Portugal. Yet another disappointment for the Three Lions. Could be different if Cristiano Renaldo doesn't play.

Sat: Brazil vs. France - Brazil. This game could be closer than people anticipate, and Brazil had better not let Les Bleus score first.

I don't want to go any further than this right now due to possible injuries, bookings, etc.

^ Big Hucking Chickennnnnn =)>

They could go either way, which is why it's so great. You're right about germany/argentina, on paper at least, having potential to be one of the most exciting matches in a long long time.

my picks from the heart and what I want to happen to keep the countries with the Romantic Language alive

Fri:

Argentina over Germany
Italy over Ukraine

Sat

Portugal over England (I know England will have the advantage. Portugal is a huge underdog because they have some players that will not play due to Red Cards in previous match ---Deco.)

Brazil over France (Both from Romantic Language countries but how can one picked against Brazil).

I think all of brazil's hot fans had to go to modeling assignments, nothing but fatties the other day. If that's an indication of the rest of the cup, Let's go France!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts