World cup info on dish

With regard to World Cup in 4K. First, Fox hasn't announced it yet and they are the transmitting provider for the USA. Second, even though DirecTV has announced it, they are not in their schedule yet. I think, perhaps, Dish is waiting for Fox to make their announcement before they ,make their own announcement. Dish likes to be careful on their announcements of this nature. If Fox doesn't come through Dish won't get the blame.

With regard to World Cup in 4K. First, Fox hasn't announced it yet and they are the transmitting provider for the USA. Second, even though DirecTV has announced it, they are not in their schedule yet. I think, perhaps, Dish is waiting for Fox to make their announcement before they ,make their own announcement. Dish likes to be careful on their announcements of this nature. If Fox doesn't come through Dish won't get the blame.
This was my thought as well.

No mention of 4K

Rereading this makes me remember when I had my install a while back how the tech smiled like a little child and gleefully exclaimed "The H3 does 4K!!". OK. When?

When I saw the 4K and 4K HDR channels I was like "cool". But there's nothing on them.

Rereading this makes me remember when I had my install a while back how the tech smiled like a little child and gleefully exclaimed "The H3 does 4K!!". OK. When?

When I saw the 4K and 4K HDR channels I was like "cool". But there's nothing on them.
Patience, you might see something by the end of the week. World Cup is almost here....

Patience, you might see something by the end of the week. World Cup is almost here....

One would think that if something like the WC was going to be in 4K, they'd be all over it. DISH just has ads talking about 4K. DirecTV has:

4K HDR is Here!

Watch live sports, events, and concerts in 4K HDR and experience life-like picture quality, richer colors, and virtually four times the resolution of HD. HDR enhances every pixel, adds depth, greater detail to brightest and darkest images – so you’ll feel like you’re actually there. Check out the upcoming 4K HDR events highlighted below.

Channel 104
Watch a variety of documentaries, travel shows, original series, and more all in stunning 4K resolution.
Don’t forget to watch Luxury Hunters weeknights on ch. 104. Check out a preview here.

Every Saturday night we are broadcasting amazing concerts in 4K on ch. 104 at 9pm ET.

6/9 – Mumford & Sons Live in South Africa

6/16 – Peter Gabriel: Front To Back

6/23 – Muse

6/30 – Norah Jones​

Channel 106

The Best 4K Entertainment Experience Available. Get Original shows, hit movies on demand, and the most live sports in 4K – only on DIRECTV. Here’s whats coming up:

US Open (Available in 4K HDR)*
June 14-17 – For the first time ever, FOX and FS1 coverage of the U.S. Open is available in 4K HDR! Don’t miss it on ch. 105.

Major League Baseball1 (Available in 4K HDR)*

6/8 – NY Yankess @ NY Mets

6/15 – Chicago Cubs @ St. Louis Cardinals

6/22 – LA Dodgers @ NY Mets

6/27 – LA Angels @ Boston Red Sox

6/29 – Boston Red Sox @ NY Yankees​

English Premier League Soccer

5/13 EPL – Teams TBD, 10am ET​

Reactions: bluegras
One would think that if something like the WC was going to be in 4K, they'd be all over it. DISH just has ads talking about 4K. DirecTV has:

4K HDR is Here!

Watch live sports, events, and concerts in 4K HDR and experience life-like picture quality, richer colors, and virtually four times the resolution of HD. HDR enhances every pixel, adds depth, greater detail to brightest and darkest images – so you’ll feel like you’re actually there. Check out the upcoming 4K HDR events highlighted below.

Channel 104
Watch a variety of documentaries, travel shows, original series, and more all in stunning 4K resolution.
Don’t forget to watch Luxury Hunters weeknights on ch. 104. Check out a preview here.

Every Saturday night we are broadcasting amazing concerts in 4K on ch. 104 at 9pm ET.

6/23 – Muse

6/30 – Norah Jones​

Channel 106

The Best 4K Entertainment Experience Available. Get Original shows, hit movies on demand, and the most live sports in 4K – only on DIRECTV. Here’s whats coming up:

June 14-17 – For the first time ever, FOX and FS1 coverage of the U.S. Open is available in 4K HDR! Don’t miss it on ch. 105.

Also on Swanni's twitter page here is a little more info you guys to chew on also

Update: DIRECTV Airing All 64 World Cup Games In 4K HDR - The TV Answer Man!

Update: DIRECTV Airing All 64 World Cup Games In 4K HDR

4K HDR is Here!

Channel 104

6/23 – Muse

6/30 – Norah Jones​

Channel 106

And as I said earlier, Fox has yet to announce the 4K WC. They are the provider for the USA. When they do, I think we'll see a Dish announcement....

Oh I'm sure they will on this forum...they shouldn't but people here will...

I know that FOX is b'casting it and that's the way it's being advertised. But is it going to be DISH 1080i (i=ick) OR moved to the 4K channels and in 4K? That would be like Christmas and renew my faith in DISH.

Yeh! That's what I was lead to believe was going to happen and what is implied in the advertising. When saw nothing on those channels I was hoping that the World Cup would be, but . . . it's only logical and the way it should be.
If you look at the DirecTV listings for both Thursday and Friday, right now, you will see the games listed on either Fox or FS1 but there is nothing on their 4K channels 105 and 106. This is exactly the same on the Dish guide. When we get to Thursday and Friday we will undoubtedly see the matches in 4K on both services....

Reactions: SandFarmer
What that says is that international subs now have access and this certainly will be important to them. The English speaking subs have had access all along.

The international packages will have The World Cup available in Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian). Arabic and French.
IT would be cool if we all were able to access those channels on a Month Free Preview.
I would love the novelty of being able to hear the World Cup in different world languages other than English and Spanish.
(But I may be part of a tiny minority who would enjoy such a move.)

The international packages will have The World Cup available in Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian). Arabic and French.
IT would be cool if we all were able to access those channels on a Month Free Preview.
I would love the novelty of being able to hear the World Cup in different world languages other than English and Spanish.
(But I may be part of a tiny minority who would enjoy such a move.)
That may satisfy your curiousity but how many non international subs are set up to receive the 118 satellite.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts