world direct dish and zinwell wb 68 multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onlyway2watch

Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
california
Does anyone know whether the Zinwell WB68 switch would work with the World Direct international dish alone so I can get both 101 and 95 sats ? If not, which switch would work with this particular dish? Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 313
The WB68 should work. Connect the 101 LNB to the 13/18v no tone inputs and the Int dish LNB to flexport #1.

You will need to select the correct dish/LNB option in sat setup. I have no idea what that might be.

Dang! Too slow again. :)

No i disagree with that diagram, use the 18v 22khz tone input.

If you are using JUST the 101, and 95, then use the 18v 22khz. If you use the flex port, the system MAY not work properly.

You can also use a 4x4 or 4x8, but only if you aren't using a kaku3/5 or phase3 dish. ONLY use those two switches for a 101/95 setup. Otherwise the switch will not work.

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether the Zinwell WB68 switch would work with the World Direct international dish alone so I can get both 101 and 95 sats ? If not, which switch would work with this particular dish? Thanks.

got to use 101 & flex port 1

Ice,
Tried what you had suggested with the 6x8 switch but did not work :mad:. Do I need to play around with the setup? Any idea what to do? Thanks.

Did you even bother to check out my post?

Use the 18v 22khz tone port. it will work.

so , put the 101 on the 13v and 18v ports. put the 95 on the 18v 22khz.

Please explain why the 95w dish can't be connected to the flex port on the WB68 in this situation?
Inquiring minds need to know.

Please explain why the 95w dish can't be connected to the flex port on the WB68 in this situation?

it needs to be connected as ice said according to diagram ...the 95 has to be on flex port 1 unless you are using the 72 sat ... then the 72 goes on flex 1 & the 95 on flex 2 ..... but if you are using only one flex port always use flex 1

now that said ... once you do that ... you may need to have the recvr activated & let it download new software before it will see the 95 ... also ... you must be seeing the 101 for this to work....

it needs to be connected as ice said according to diagram ...the 95 has to be on flex port 1 unless you are using the 72 sat ... then the 72 goes on flex 1 & the 95 on flex 2 ..... but if you are using only one flex port always use flex 1

now that said ... once you do that ... you may need to have the recvr activated & let it download new software before it will see the 95 ... also ... you must be seeing the 101 for this to work....
You basically agreed with me. :D

Did you even bother to check out my post?

Use the 18v 22khz tone port. it will work.

so , put the 101 on the 13v and 18v ports. put the 95 on the 18v 22khz.

Dave,
Tried your way & still didn't work. Do I need to do something with the setup? I can see 101 but not 95. Thinking about getting the zinwell 4x4 switch instead!

Dave,
Tried your way & still didn't work. Do I need to do something with the setup? I can see 101 but not 95. Thinking about getting the zinwell 4x4 switch instead!

do you have your dish peaked right? Do you have the box setup correctly? for example in satellite setup you should choose 18" and 95.

If you have those things right, you should have something going on with the switch then.

No i disagree with that diagram, use the 18v 22khz tone input.

If you are using JUST the 101, and 95, then use the 18v 22khz. If you use the flex port, the system MAY not work properly.

You can also use a 4x4 or 4x8, but only if you aren't using a kaku3/5 or phase3 dish. ONLY use those two switches for a 101/95 setup. Otherwise the switch will not work.

I remember reading that on a document that you can use a 4x4 too. But I assume the receiver "figures it out" depending on which sat setup you do in the guide?

If you say 18" + 95 then it figures to look for 18v+22k whereas if you say slimline or Phase III then it looks for flex port?

I remember reading that on a document that you can use a 4x4 too. But I assume the receiver "figures it out" depending on which sat setup you do in the guide?

If you say 18" + 95 then it figures to look for 18v+22k whereas if you say slimline or Phase III then it looks for flex port?

Exactly.

I had the 101 on the 18v & 13v and the on the flexport 1. I selected 18 round + 95 but still can't see the 95. Are you guys saying I need to select slimline instead? but my dish is world direct not a slimline.

I wouldn't put the 95 on flex port 1 in this situation, but that's just me. I've put it on the 18v 22khz port and worked just fine.

possible reasons why you won't see the signal, known software issues. make sure you have the latest software downloaded.

Sometimes the signal will come through and not be displayed

How do you know you are peaked out on your dish?

Try it with the 18v 22khz tone, satellite setup with 18 & 95. let it complete and then if you don't see it, give it a reset, and possible reauthorize the box.

what box are you using anyways?

Dave,

before you start be sure that you select 18" round & 95 for the dish

then

try this ... unplug power for one min. then plug back in & at the "hello" screen or first screen you see enter in the remote ... 0 2 4 6 8... see if it starts downloading

dont do anything else ...just 0 2 4 6 8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)