Worst coaches/managers on your favorite team

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Sometimes, our favorite teams have been led by coaches/managgers that were not fit for the job, unpopular, or just plain awful.

My Sabres have luckily not been plagued by bad coaches: Rick Dudley, John Muckler, Ted Noilan, and Lindy Ruff.

But the same can't be said for most of us.

Who are the worst coaches/managers ever on your favorite team?

I'll make a few predictions for you guys:

BillDel- M.L. Carr of the Celtics (Pitino DID draft Paul Pierce)

Sandra- Bryan Trottier, when he briefly coached the Rangers (I REALLY hope she posts on this one- this is a slam-dunk choice for her)

HD MM- Joel Skinner of the Indians- Between Hargrove, Manuel, and Wedge, there was this guy.

WITHOUT a shadow of a doubt...that piece of crap managing the the REDS now...the pitcher/arm killer...Dusty Baker. He is AWFUL.....I love the make-up of the younger REDS and the future is bright...as long as "Ditzy" Baker is NOT THERE!!!

Sometimes, our favorite teams have been led by coaches/managgers that were not fit for the job, unpopular, or just plain awful.

My Sabres have luckily not been plagued by bad coaches: Rick Dudley, John Muckler, Ted Noilan, and Lindy Ruff.

But the same can't be said for most of us.

Who are the worst coaches/managers ever on your favorite team?

I'll make a few predictions for you guys:

BillDel- M.L. Carr of the Celtics (Pitino DID draft Paul Pierce)

Sandra- Bryan Trottier, when he briefly coached the Rangers (I REALLY hope she posts on this one- this is a slam-dunk choice for her)

HD MM- Joel Skinner of the Indians- Between Hargrove, Manuel, and Wedge, there was this guy.

I don't consider Skinner a bad coach. Plus he was only our interm coach in 2002 in between the Charlie Manual firing and the Eric Wedge hiring. Skinner's been our third base coach ever since.

If you want bad coaches, all you have to do is reference the Cav's from 1999-2003. Our coaches consisted of Randy Wittman (99-01), John Lucas (01-03) and Kieth Smart (2003). But even then, I can't entirely blame the coaches for the miserable teams they inherited. I tend to blame the upper management, ownership and GM's responsible for drafting/assembling those embarrassing teams.

If you want bad coaches, all you have to do is reference the Cav's from 1999-2003. Our coaches consisted of Randy Wittman (99-01), John Lucas (01-03) and Kieth Smart (2003). But even then, I can't entirely blame the coaches for the miserable teams they inherited. I tend to blame the upper management, ownership and GM's responsible for drafting/assembling those embarrassing teams.

So THAT'S what the Cavs were like before LeBron.

well your lucky your excluding those cause i would throw old sabres management into that category werent they involved in imbezzlement with adelphia communications plus they dumped empire sports into the toliet?

Any coach of the DETROIT LIONS (except Joe Shmidt).
Red Wings - Ned Harkness (Darkness with Harkness). Old time Red Wing fans will certainly remember that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts