Would this work in the States

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've asked two dealers in the UK if the Vantage 8000 HD would work in NA and they both assured me it has a ntsc/pal option in the menu and would work. I'm still leery, the option could exist in the menu but not work and those Euro guys would probably never try it as all their signals are PAL. You would also need a Euro to NA plug adapter, no problem there, they are cheap.
Its a lot of money to risk, if anyone in NA has one and is reading this maybe you can fill us in?

Wow, from looking this link to this website showing a transparent dish just scrow down the page!!:eek::)

Now if they could build a 8 footer transparent C-band dish in a HOA areas, then I am a happey camper!!:hungry:

Can't able to copy the picture from this website and paste it here.....:eek:

Just scrow down, till you see a sexy babe showing the transparent dish!:D

There's a guy on ricks forum who has some kind of Vantage receiver-I've seen a few posts about them. The specs sound great on them. (thats gofastmotorsports.com)

It has HDMI and component

Since it has HDMI - - - you might not need the converter - - - correct?

I wonder if the transparent dish is made of transparent aluminum :)

Also - - - since the QualiTV works here in the states - - this one might also.

You are right I think I would want to do MUCH research before buying one.

There's a guy on ricks forum who has some kind of Vantage receiver-I've seen a few posts about them. The specs sound great on them. (thats gofastmotorsports.com)

I was reading on Rick's forum that guy who has the 7100 Vantage, had problems with the video, I think he said although it was NTSC and PAL, the NTSC did not work well, there was something wrong(annoying) with the video and recently a firmware upgrade finally fixed it. You're right, the specs are amazing on some of these receivers.

conjecture:

This is a question, not a statement, but do consider the following...

If you run such a receiver through the composite or S-video output to an older TV, getting 480 line mode would be necessary.
However, if you intend to feed via Component or more likely HDMI into a modern HD TV, then maybe the TV will handle 720 or 1080 just fine. ? ?

So, any private test of such a receiver, should probably include a full description of the test conditions.
Some user expect 480 capability.
Some of us wouldn't really care.

Or maybe I'm just wrong. :cool:

Having 480 and NTSC-mode on the menu would certainly be desirable.

Problem with using the HDMI is that, in Europe, you're still dealing with a different signal (due to the differences in their electrical system, 50 hz there vs 60 hz here). So, the receiver would also have to be able to output 1080i60 (in addition to 1080i50)...

Well, that is true, but with TVs being manufactured for world wide consumption, I wonder how well a modern North American LCD would deal with 50 hz?

Nice receiver, $1000US is a bit spendy.

The pix of the clear dishes remind me of the electronic trade journals, where the blonde model is posing beside the automated test equipment. Sex must be a universal constant.

Found this review on YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVDLnScVDU&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Vantage HD 8000 Review[/ame]

Pretty cool stuff - - - Now I need to find out if it would work here. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts