would this work

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

tilleygolf

Feb 22, 2009
PA
Hello all I am new to this and I am going to ask a question I know has been asked a 1000 and 12 times but her I go. I live in PA and miss the sports in Louisiana if I change my service address would I be able to get local channels from there and my sports package would I then be allowed to see games from that area that I can't see in PA. Just a question I have wodered about for a long time Thanks

boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
How about flying home for every game? When are people going to realise satellite dosen't mean you can receive local channels anyplace in the country.

T

tilleygolf

Feb 22, 2009
PA
thanks

Thanks for the response I really wasn't worried about local channels just thinking about the sports package

JAG72

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Thanks for the response I really wasn't worried about local channels just thinking about the sports package

If you are only looking at getting the RSN then I would think that it would work. You would not get the big 4 network channels anymore but the RSN should be able to be received.

T

tilleygolf

Feb 22, 2009
PA
would the dish be pointed at the same location it is now ?

Ronnie-

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Yes, you would not have to repoint your dish for the sports package

dishcomm

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
Hello all I am new to this and I am going to ask a question I know has been asked a 1000 and 12 times but her I go. I live in PA and miss the sports in Louisiana if I change my service address would I be able to get local channels from there and my sports package would I then be allowed to see games from that area that I can't see in PA. Just a question I have wodered about for a long time Thanks
Pro or college/amateur sports?
If amateur then sub to the regional sports net package.
If pro, then you'll have to change your service address while keeping your mailing addrss the same.
You'll lose the locals you now have and because the spot beam satellite transponder that gives locals in your home state do not cover the NE US.
There is lots of content on the internet. You can find a lot of stuff if you have broadband

T

tilleygolf

Feb 22, 2009
PA
I all ready am subscribed to the sports package offered by Direct TV but every time I try to watch something involving the SEC i get an error that I am not in the market area. That is why I was wondering about this local channels I can get with my HD antenna. Really do appreciate the help folks

Ronnie-

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I all ready am subscribed to the sports package offered by Direct TV but every time I try to watch something involving the SEC i get an error that I am not in the market area. That is why I was wondering about this local channels I can get with my HD antenna. Really do appreciate the help folks
I guess it is possible. The sports packages are conus, so the only reason you can not get them now is because of blackout rules. You would lose your locals, but as you said you can get them OTA. Try it and see, if it does not work, change back

Status
Please reply by conversation.