would this work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tilleygolf

Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
PA
Hello all I am new to this and I am going to ask a question I know has been asked a 1000 and 12 times but her I go. I live in PA and miss the sports in Louisiana if I change my service address would I be able to get local channels from there and my sports package would I then be allowed to see games from that area that I can't see in PA. Just a question I have wodered about for a long time Thanks

How about flying home for every game? When are people going to realise satellite dosen't mean you can receive local channels anyplace in the country.

thanks

Thanks for the response I really wasn't worried about local channels just thinking about the sports package

Thanks for the response I really wasn't worried about local channels just thinking about the sports package

If you are only looking at getting the RSN then I would think that it would work. You would not get the big 4 network channels anymore but the RSN should be able to be received.

Hello all I am new to this and I am going to ask a question I know has been asked a 1000 and 12 times but her I go. I live in PA and miss the sports in Louisiana if I change my service address would I be able to get local channels from there and my sports package would I then be allowed to see games from that area that I can't see in PA. Just a question I have wodered about for a long time Thanks
Pro or college/amateur sports?
If amateur then sub to the regional sports net package.
If pro, then you'll have to change your service address while keeping your mailing addrss the same.
You'll lose the locals you now have and because the spot beam satellite transponder that gives locals in your home state do not cover the NE US.
There is lots of content on the internet. You can find a lot of stuff if you have broadband

I all ready am subscribed to the sports package offered by Direct TV but every time I try to watch something involving the SEC i get an error that I am not in the market area. That is why I was wondering about this local channels I can get with my HD antenna. Really do appreciate the help folks

I all ready am subscribed to the sports package offered by Direct TV but every time I try to watch something involving the SEC i get an error that I am not in the market area. That is why I was wondering about this local channels I can get with my HD antenna. Really do appreciate the help folks
I guess it is possible. The sports packages are conus, so the only reason you can not get them now is because of blackout rules. You would lose your locals, but as you said you can get them OTA. Try it and see, if it does not work, change back

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)