Would you order a PPV off HITS for $2?

• Yes

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the selection was somehow "different" than the netflix, Amazon, crackle, and other "roku" offerings, yes. It would have to be fairly current material.
Me, I'd rather see channel selection expanded, even in SD. Or, put $2/mo on my bill as an "access fee" to make sure that our service continues, and that SRL/Skyvision
continues their service to us. THAT is a reasonable fee. Less than the fee for going to some ATM's!

If it required a sub, no! If not, then maybe if it was something I hadn't seen before that had good reviews. OH, FYI, I didn't vote at all.

You know what? I would pay the $2 per PPV movie simply because it brings out the kid in me. For $2, I don't care if it's in SD (and not HD), I don't care if I was not able to record (no DVR), or if it started at a certain time (just as long as my family was able to sit down and watch it all). Look, we pay a lot more at the theatre to watch a brand new release and it starts at a certain time and we can't record it for later (legally). As long as the movies were current as possible (like Pizza services), I don't care if it cost $2. You ask me, you get what you pay for. I think websams could do it for me as well or SRL/Comcast could reprogram my 4dtv with a new number to dial for PPV. I would like to see some wrestling events and concerts on PPV too for a fair price.

So YES, inconvenience me with a certain (7pm, 8pm, 9pm CDT) start times, the not-so-spoiled SD picture (I don't own an HDTV), and take my $2 per flick. I. for one, would be happy and willing to go that distance!

nope. Most of the reasons is above
Why watch a movie in SD?
Plus I'm not much of a movie fan anyway. This weekend we have had all the movie channels in freeview on Directv and I've recorded 3 movies from there and all were cult classics :)

I have never ordered anything PPV and probably wouldn't even for $2. Most of the listings I see on 105W are adult anyway and for much higher prices. Some of the sporting events listed are as high as $44 at times.

Is this in the works? since it's SD it's basically worthless for me, I would grab a boxing match here and there if it was HD.

johnnyglobal said:
You know what? I would pay the $2 per PPV movie simply because it brings out the kid in me. For $2, I don't care if it's in SD (and not HD), I don't care if I was not able to record (no DVR), or if it started at a certain time (just as long as my family was able to sit down and watch it all). Look, we pay a lot more at the theatre to watch a brand new release and it starts at a certain time and we can't record it for later (legally). As long as the movies were current as possible (like Pizza services), I don't care if it cost $2. You ask me, you get what you pay for. I think websams could do it for me as well or SRL/Comcast could reprogram my 4dtv with a new number to dial for PPV. I would like to see some wrestling events and concerts on PPV too for a fair price.

So YES, inconvenience me with a certain (7pm, 8pm, 9pm CDT) start times, the not-so-spoiled SD picture (I don't own an HDTV), and take my $2 per flick. I. for one, would be happy and willing to go that distance!

Well said...for 2 bucks and restrictive start times I would do this, even in SD, let's not forget the DD output - surround sound is more important to me than HD PQ

I voted yes. But I probably wouldn't do it very often. I already have a bunch of movies on the hard drive that I haven't even watched yet. Add to that Netflix DVDs through the mail that I can't even sit down to watch in a respectable amount of time, and you can see that I'm not starved for movies.

Considering how long it's been since I PPV'd a movie on 4DTV, I'd do it at least once just to see the ole 4DTV do it again. :)

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)