rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Saw this on Geek Beat.

iPro Lens System Review | Geek Beat Technology News

I can't imagine I would spend $200 for a professional lens system for my iPhone camera. Its true that the iPhone 4S has a great camera, and I suspect you could really take some great photos with this add-on (acknowledging of course the pretty lame flash that ALL smartphone cameras have), but would this be worth it?

I figured I'd share it, and see what people think. My answer is no.

There was a cheep $2 magnifying lens I seen somewhere online. It was basically a lens attached to a rubber band and it took pretty good pictures

I think the price point is too high. While it may be convenient to have such small additions improving the photography options of your phone camera, I'd probably just bring my regular camera along for the ride instead. That would provide me with even more flexibility for not too much more weight/space.

My opinion might change if they provided a lens that would zoom or take macro photos beyond what my simple point and shoot can do. Sometimes bringing along the DSLR is not an option, and something that could provide even remotely similar features for a fraction of the space would be welcomed.

I have a very good 14X 14MP optical Canon point and shoot, and it is so small, and takes such excellent pictures, I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars for the iPhone camera - plus it would force me to abandon the Spek case that I use for the phone. BUT I think the idea is an interesting one - and for folks who want to literally use one device, this would be an interesting ad-on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)