WOW!!! Kobe Bryant scores 81 points!!!

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Last night Kobe scored 81 points on a 122-104 Lakers win over Toronto. To get some perpective of this accomplishment, here are the Top single-game scorers of all time (notice Jordan never made the list):

1. Wilt Chamberlain, Phi. March 2, 1962 vs. N.Y. 100
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A.L. Jan. 22, 2006 vs. TOR 81
3. Wilt Chamberlain, Phi. Dec. 8, 1961 (3OT) vs. L.A.L. 78
4. Wilt Chamberlain, Phi. Jan. 13, 1962 vs. Chi. 73
Wilt Chamberlain, S.F. Nov. 16, 1962 vs. N.Y. 73
David Thompson, Den. April 9, 1978 vs. Det. 73
7. Wilt Chamberlain, S.F. Nov. 3, 1962 vs. L.A.L. 72
8. Elgin Baylor, L.A.L. Nov. 15, 1960 vs. N.Y. 71
9. David Robinson, S.A. April 24, 1994 vs. L.A.C. 71
10. Wilt Chamberlain, S.F. March 10, 1963 vs. Syr. 70

Last edited:
Having seen Kobe live on numerous occasions I have to say that I'm not surprised. He is, in my opinion, the best clutch shooter in the game today. I was at the game when the Lakers came back from 28 down in the 4th quarter to beat Dalllas in regulation, all due to Kobe's performance. The guy is simply phenomenal! Last night, he outcsored the entire Raptors team in the second half, all by himself!

YIPPIE :rolleyes:
anyone can do that when the other team decides to not show up and one player decides to take ALL the shots each time down the court, If I were playing, I would have been pissed.
Just a typical ball hog.
I hope he shot at least 60 % on his shots that night.

Too bad he's on a team that might win 30-35 games and once again NOT make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
anyone can do that when the other team decides to not show up and one player decides to take ALL the shots each time down the court, If I were playing, I would have been pissed.
Just a typical ball hog.
Too bad he's on a team that might win 30-35 games and once again NOT make the playoffs.
28 of 46 shots, 7 of 13 three-pointers and 18 of 20 free throws is pretty dam good. And the bottom line is that the Lakers won 122-104 after coming back from an 18-point deficit on the 3rd quarter.

wow? whahoo?
I will admit it is a great accomplishment and Kobe is a great player but he will never have the magic of what Jordan had on the court. Just watch some of the old Jordan 86 to his first retirement just the way he moves and the way he plays is amazing. Jordan did get 69 which you could have said in your heading. Even people who don't watch basketball know who Jordan is because of his playing not his off court publicity. There are many "and I mean alot" of people who don't even know who Wilt Chamberlain is.

I hear people saying Kobe is going to get 100 what a bunch of BullS$it. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

Bottom line: Kobe will never have the following that Jordan had and still has PERIOD.

*NOTE: I'm not a Los Angeles Lakers Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the point it will never happen is cus Kobe doesnt wanna be like Jordan!!!! He doesnt wanna be in comparisons with Jordan!!! Kobe just needs better teamates!! C'mon u cant blame Kobe if there is someone to blame its the Raptors but im not blaming them!!!! Kobe did his Job. And lets make a point clear I dont think kobe wants to be like Wilt or like Mike i thinks he wants to be better so there is no reason for comparisons!!! he is just one hell of a player!!

In 50 years Jordan will be to basketball what The Babe is to baseball.

Kobe needs better teammates? 2 years ago he had a great team and HE himself turned it upside down with his politics.

why don't you use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some more.
STOP SCREAMING MY EARS ARE HURTING

Yeah right ... "anyone can do that" :rolleyes: Oh and by the way, the Lakers are 22-19. Not too shabby for a team that's pretty much completely rebuilt. Sound to me like you have a big case of sour grapes!!

Jimbos said:
Just a typical ball hog.

Found this on another forum:

Kobe's the antichrist...proof

On his 666th regular season game (seriously), Kobe scored 66 percent of his team's points, while on the way to his 81.

either that or he sold his soul..."

:D :D :D

sidekick said:
Yeah right ... "anyone can do that" :rolleyes: Oh and by the way, the Lakers are 22-19. Not too shabby for a team that's pretty much completely rebuilt. Sound to me like you have a big case of sour grapes!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No , not sour grapes, personally, I don't usually watch BB, I gave up watching BB back when they quit playing with rules. (everyone travels, they may as well carry the ball from one end to the other, and shooting percentages are terrible over all)

About the same time that BB became a one on one game, no need for the rest of the team.

I do watch the playoffs, my local team is off to a 34-5 start, but I have only seen a few games .

Football and Hockey are my games.

Jimbo

Jimbo:
This year the refs are not allowing players to carry the ball. And no exceptions for "stars". I watched a game where Dwyane Wade was called twice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)