Wow - software download hit my HR44 like a ton of bricks this morning...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
1) Blew away HD channels - needed to rerun Sat setup
2) Blew away OTA AM21 stuff - same for antenna
3) WHAT NUMBSKULL DOES A NATIONAL ROLLOUT IN A BLIZZARD????????

Morons. D* is making me lose confidence daily.

Well there are other pay TV providers out there to choose from if you are not happy with Directv. Software updates are sent when Directv sends them, in a blizzard or a storm, etc. If they were to wait for calm weather across America to push new software, it would never get done.

Reactions: cpd5215 and DWS44
Also, if you dont have a signal due to the weather ... you dont get the update at that time.
Must have had a good enough signal to get it.

1) Blew away HD channels - needed to rerun Sat setup
2) Blew away OTA AM21 stuff - same for antenna
3) WHAT NUMBSKULL DOES A NATIONAL ROLLOUT IN A BLIZZARD????????

Morons. D* is making me lose confidence daily.

Update here in NW Pa. must have been somewhere between 1:45AM - 2:00AM.Woke up this morning with same problems had to call D and have them do a HR44 reset from their end. Had to wait 20 minutes on hold for a rep. Oh well!!!

My HR44 also took the hit with this latest update.
It emptied my Quick Tune list, the HD was gone and my locals disappeared.
So I did the normal checks, this snow storm only slightly lowered my signal strengths.

So I did a restart from the menu. All is well now.

BTW, it's still snowing here. (18" so far)

Same thing happened to me. HD channels disappeared from the guide. Had no idea it's because of the update. Did a reset and everything is fine now.

Red button reset pulled a brand new software release which restored all missing channels here. Maybe someone queued up the wrong code to push out last night?

Also, if you dont have a signal due to the weather ... you dont get the update at that time.
Must have had a good enough signal to get it.
My point with the snowstorm wasn't in impacting the software release.

When you have a major weather event, especially one impacting the number of people this one did, you shouldn't roll out software.

Anyway, they fixed it with a newer release, but the impression I got of keystone cops wasn't far off, i don't think...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)