Wow stupid People

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The boxes are alreday set on 480i and 16x9. All I change is the 480 to 1080 and leave the aspect ratio alone. Thats up to the customer to change its usually a preference.

In all the years Ive had Dish this was the worse install I've seen. He was in and out real quick. I had to program the 222k to have 1080i. If I didn't know what I was doing he wouldn't even have what he's be paying for.

I went over to my brother-in-law's boss's house. Picture was not quite right on his 60" plasma. Setting for HD was set to 480p on his 622. I switched it, the difference was dramatic. It had been on the wrong setting for over a year!

Ya, I'm not sure what the big problem is. The fix is a 2 minute call to a CSR to add HD programming. The fault is usually when the work order is built, whoever builds it doesn't add HD programming to it for whatever reason. It seems reasonable to assume that in nearly every case this happens, it's a simple mistake/oversight. I've also had times where my custy wasn't interested in purchasing the HD programming. They had the HD receiver and the HDTV but didn't want to pay more for the programming.
That's a little strange to me, but as an installer, I don't care. I'm there to make your system work, not to tell you what programming you need or how much your bill is or to move your furniture or to fix your fridge. I'm happy to suggest what programming you might like (being that I've been a part of your life for maybe 4 hours, perhaps I'm not the right person to ask) or refer you to someone who does know how much your bill is or who moves furniture or a refrigerator repair man.

If something as minor as a 2 minute call to fix a problem (that was not caused by the installer, BTW) really causes enough grief to log onto an internet forum and complain about it then you are inconsolable. Nothing will make you happy short of someone literally doing everything for you.

I am not picking on Dish. I am quite happy with their product. Dish, like MANY other business, have abandoned customer service.

I agree. I've had good installers and I've had bad installers. Some just don't want to do anymore than they have to, i.e. making sure the settings are correct on the receiver for my particular TV.

Would you like to know HOW EASY it is for the installer to make one simple little phone call to have your HD Package *enabled*
(once YOU verify that everything is working properly, and view your package) before you sign the installers *go home* card?

My Cinemax for a penny promo was not enabled on my package.
I didn't let the installer leave....Instead I told him I am not getting what I signed up for...He called, I talked to a representative with the power to turn the service on...in about 1 minute it was activated.

In this scenario, why couldn't have you called? CSR is required to speak to you for programming to be added on. So instead, you have a guy call just to hand the phone to you while he stands there and literally does nothing. Just seems like there's an unnecessary variable in that equation.

In this scenario, why couldn't have you called? CSR is required to speak to you for programming to be added on. So instead, you have a guy call just to hand the phone to you while he stands there and literally does nothing. Just seems like there's an unnecessary variable in that equation.

You have a point but at some time after the equipment is hooked up, the installer looks at you and hands you a work order he expects you to initial and sign.

On this work order it states everything is fine and dandy and you, by signing the work order, acknowledge everything is fine and dandy.

I would not let him walk away with out it being resolved whether I call DISH with him standing there or he calls and hands me the phone.

Wow. Just wow. I'm glad, or at least I hope that you are not an installer in my area. With an attitude like that, I would go out of my way to not recommend you to anyone.

My local installer has an attitude like yours. That's why I ALWAYS call the 800 number and get out-of-town installers. He has never been to my house, but my mother-in-law insisted on going local and got zero customer service and delay after delay.

You do realize that I'm not the OP right? I didn't write the words "stupid people." (Although I am beginning to think that you might fit that description.)

I have never had an installer show me how to do ANYTHING. They hook it up and ask me to sign the paperwork and go.

Good luck staying in business in a recession without adjusting your attitude.

p.s. way to turn this into an unnecessary flame war, jack*ss.

Also, I am a small business owner myself, so I do understand that some customers just can't be pleased. The customer isn't ALWAYS right, but they are 99.9% of the time. If you think you get too many complaints, maybe it IS something you did wrong or could have done better.

You say that I exhibit one of the most annoying aspects of customers? What is that? Willingness to try to help others? Jeez.

ANd I am glad you don't live near here. You are wrong, Your assumptions about us techs are out of line and insulting.
Expect the worst and that is perceived by service personnel.
And please stop the " I am a small business owner" nonsense. What does that have to do with anything?
I know you are not the OP. There you go again.
I stated very clearly that you posted your negativity IN A THREAD ENTITLED stupid people. I stated nor implied you were the OP.

Going over thr install, properly doing the work per Dish specs, properly demonstrating the equipment to the customer, addressing customer concerns is incorrect how?
Don't make this personal by thinking you may decide to call ME stupid. Do that and it's on.
Anticipating your are of reasonable intelligence this should be our final communication. No response from you is required nor desired. Any feedback to this will go unread. We're done.
If you feel the urge, you may have the last word.

Unless you are a 3rd rate outsourced contractor....YOU said:
Not all contractors are third rate and "Run and Gun". I am a contractor and I make sure to show the customer everything they need. Not sure where you get the opinion all contractors are bad and you make it sound like being a contractor is equal to being scum of the earth. But most contractor I have meet take more time with the customer than in-house techs I have met I had one in-house tell me once if you spend 10 minutes on customer education its too long.

Not all contractors are third rate and "Run and Gun". I am a contractor and I make sure to show the customer everything they need. Not sure where you get the opinion all contractors are bad and you make it sound like being a contractor is equal to being scum of the earth. But most contractor I have meet take more time with the customer than in-house techs I have met I had one in-house tell me once if you spend 10 minutes on customer education its too long.
There are a lotof people in this business that are indeed third rate hacks. I know. I end up fixing their crappy work.
But I don't mind. I make it look nice and the customer is happy when I am through.
There are a couple of posters here that think we are the hired help for the day. They think their job is the only job we have that day. They are high maintenence.
But I have ways of handling people. In fact in this line of work , if you are not adept at handling people, you may rethink your career choice.
It's technical. logistical and it is customer service.
I get that "sre you a contractor" question on rare occasions.
I guess some people think an hourly employee is inherently a better tech. Oh well.
I am results oriented. I let my work do the talking.

You have a point but at some time after the equipment is hooked up, the installer looks at you and hands you a work order he expects you to initial and sign.

On this work order it states everything is fine and dandy and you, by signing the work order, acknowledge everything is fine and dandy.

I would not let him walk away with out it being resolved whether I call DISH with him standing there or he calls and hands me the phone.

I verify programming/ tv's working/ set guides to "all sub" before I present paperwork for signature.
It's just part of the routine.
If programming is different from the w/o i ask the custy what tye believe they had ordered. If there is a diff, I call Dish and add it. No big deal. Better to do it myslef thna ask a custy to go thru menus and then have to deal with a foreign call center.

What happened to the OP happened to me. I merely called Dish and had my HD in a matter of minutes. I had completely forgotten about it until this thread came up.
Indeed. This whole thread is the very definition of mountain out of a molehill.

Fyi, I never said certain people in certain jobs are 3rd rate hacks...
I said *IF*

Usually the ones who are 3rd rate hacks, get offended and cannot comprehend reading.....See dishcomm:D

Did you ask why couldn't have I called?

I see your point:
He is paid by the hour and told me so.
Should I have told him, "hey there buddy, it's okay....you can leave.
I'll call Dish myself later and have them activate the promo I signed up for that is not being downloaded properly..."

I understand it wasn't the tech's problem nor did he cause it.
I could have called but the phone call took one minute.

In this scenario, I helped him/he helped me.
I gave him a $20 tip, nourished him with water (ice cold) via my cloud machine...
assisted him with the drilling and install...I'd say we're even.;)
He said he wasn't allowed to take a tip but after the 100% mozarella cheese pizza arrived, he accepted it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)