Woz has spoken.... Android to rule the world...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can name a few that are better on android. A huge one off the top of my head is Glympse... really broken on the iphone. I don't get why they even ported that one to the iphone. Even the windows mobile one works better. Why is it broken? Because of the iphone limitations set by apple.

I wonder how much Jobs paid him to retract his comment(s) ? He has no "ties" to Jobs or Apple anymore, as I recall. In fact, I thought he and Jobs had a falling out.

To be honest I don't really pay attention to either of them, other than to laugh at the magical world of Steve. :)

the worst thing is ever since I saw that story, I have had the Wizard of Oz in my head, but it became... "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Woz" (With Sheldon Cooper singing it of course) :D

To be honest I don't really pay attention to either of them, other than to laugh at the magical world of Steve. :)

Liar Liar Pants on fire! If you didn't pay attention you wouldn't be obsessed with posting these threads. Trouble is, you are misguided in your attention.

You could pay attention and laugh too! ha ha ha... all the way to the bank. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

These posts put me in mind of Las Vegas population, consisting of two kinds of people, those who don't understand math and those that do. Those who don't understand Apple and those that do.

Liar Liar Pants on fire! If you didn't pay attention you wouldn't be obsessed with posting these threads. Trouble is, you are misguided in your attention.

You could pay attention and laugh too! ha ha ha... all the way to the bank. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

These posts put me in mind of Las Vegas population, consisting of two kinds of people, those who don't understand math and those that do. Those who don't understand Apple and those that do.

No, my statement was true, the only attention I pay is at the level of blogs like Droid Life (although had I seen Engadget, I would not have posted it) rather than profit-loss statements. :)

The real reason I posted it because it was funny, and likely to get a response out of you. :D ;)

All the apps on the iphone are not better. The app called a phone sucks. lol

All the apps on the iphone are not better. The app called a phone sucks. lol All the apps on the iphone are not better. The app called a phone sucks. lol

Ain't that the truth!

As for "Almost every app I have is better on the iPhone". That is pure BS! After not knowing where my iPhone was for the past 3 month I finally found it and charged it up. Updated all the apps I had installed here's a few things I've come to realize.

- Still no StubHub app for Android, come on eBay!
- The ESPN ScoreCenter app is better on the iPhone, but I hardly ever use the app on the Evo, I use the widget more. Does the iPhone run widgets?
- The Speedtest.net app has a more attractive UI on iOS
- The YouTube app on Android blows the iPhone away
- Sprint doesn't have a 'My Coverage Sucks' app like AT&T does
- Both the default browser and Dolphin Browser HD, especially Dolphin Browser HD are superior to Safari in every way
- Every other app on Android is just as good, if not better than the iPhone and iOS

So do you guys think I'll get kicked out of the Apple Store if I walk in wearing this :D

500x_androidappletshirt.jpg

While I have only used an ipod touch 3rd gen, it seems to me that the iOS does a great job in terms of its apps running extremely smoothly. No matter how much I like Android, I do not discount the fact that the iOS is very smooth in its execution. but the cost for that is that it is limiting in terms of what you can do - just by virtue of the nature of the OS; the icon-only screens, not to mention the itunes app store; and my own distaste for the controls in general. But I pretty much just use my ipod to run video at the gym, my kid has a bunch of game apps, his favorite of which - Angry Birds - I can run on my Droid 1.

But I think the best thing is for both Apple and Android to both prosper and thus provide competition for each other. Each should continually up the ante. And then we the consumer wins.

But I think the best thing is for both Apple and Android to both prosper and thus provide competition for each other. Each should continually up the ante. And then we the consumer wins.

Interesting frame of reference in that statement. Apple is a company. Android is an open source operating system. How does Android prosper? Didn't you mean you hope Apple and Google both prosper? With Google, it will be the success of their advertising plan built into Android that will make them prosper. With Apple, it will be the sales of their products.
Unless of course you believe your Android phone is alive. If so, then I think you've been watching too much Big Bang Theory. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts