WPCH HD - Peachtree TV to launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Derwin,

Actually you are DEAD WRONG. WPCH owns the the Exclusive Local rights to the Atlanta Braves games in their (WPCH's) market. Dish can NO longer offer ANY Content that WPCH owns the rights to OUTSIDE of WPCH's Local DMA.
And if you read my entire post, you would have seen that I said they would have to negotiate with both WPCH and the Braves. The Braves are the ones who own the rights in Braves territory, not MLB. That is what Directv, Comcast, and Charter did, and so can Dish Network.

Distant Network rules have nothing to do with this, as no other entities have rights to the Braves in the Braves territory. Distant Network rules involved waiving copyright rights to allow distants to be carried, since no rights would be infrindged, the injuction against Dish Network does not come into play.

The biggest obsticle might be that the same person owns the Braves and Directv.

Just to add WPCH is not a "Network" affiliate anyway, so that legal thingy has nothing to do with it.

If Peachtree TV has indeed purchased the rights for the Braves territory then Peachtree TV is the only one to negotiate with.

It would be a negotiation with Peachtree TV, not the station necessarily.

The way it was explained was originally there were going to be 40-45 Braves games shown OTA in Atlanta on the old WTBS channel 17. These were the games shown previously on TBS nationwide. People outside of Atlanta, in the Braves territory, asked for these games too so Peachtree (the old WTBS 17) offered the games to the entire Braves southeast region. Directv picked them up and many cable companies did as well. I contacted Dish numerous times over this last season and since they didn't pick up the channel, I switched to cable. I would consider coming back to Dish if the Peachtree games were included in this negotiation for getting the HD signal up. From what I understood from both Dish and Peachtree, a lot of people were calling asking for this as well. The Braves do stink unfortunately (and will probably be worse this season), but they've still been my favorite team ever since I was born.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)