WPIX-HD: NY Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies 1PM EST

Bummer...

I'd actually watch this one if I were able to pick up WPIX here in Clifton, NJ!!! Too hot to finish power washing the deck.

The real question is why the Mets in HD and not the Yankees. I mean, don't they say, garbage in=garbage out? ;)

The Rickster

Would love to get this ...but WPIX is not sending enough power for me. Im not even a met fan...but i would still watch.

Mets suck...

Mets suck! Mets suck! Mets suck! Er, ah, oops, sorry. Got carried away again. ;)

What a game last night! Jeter is the man. He may not have as much talent as others but he sure plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. I was speechless after they won.

Reminded me of when Giambi hit the grand slam in the 14th to come back from a 3-run deficit against the Twins. I was actually at that game. Just incredible.

Say what you want but strange things do happen at Yankee Stadium...

The Rickster

The Yankees are getting a beating... Last year after a very emotional game 7th, the Yankees did not respond well against the Marlins on game 1. Tonight the same effect. Mike Mussina has been over the hill for a couple of years now and it shows now that he has very little left in that arm. He has 8-9 wins this year but has gotten 6 runs support per each win. Tonight is Mets, Mets, Mets,....Win... Seeee......Ya......

And no chance for me, no WPIX-DT

I'm not getting WPIX and it makes no sense to me. I had my box installed last weekend. The useless installers brought an older box which needed to wait a day just to get upgraded to 5.68. I'm only getting channels 2-1, 5-1, 5-2, 7-1 and 7-2. No 11-1 at all and 4-1 only sometimes. I'm just north of Weehawken RIGHT on the Hudson River with direct line of sight to the ESB and new TWC building about 3 miles away. According to antennaweb and the Voom CSR I spoke with I should certianly be getting both 4-1 and 11-1. They sent the installers back today. This guy had even less of clue. He turned the antenna while tuned to to channel 4-1 until he found some kind of picture. Never checked signal levels, had no explanation why 11-1 won;t come in at all. Just some junk about how 4-1 comes from a station 10 degrees separated from the rest. Well 10 degrees across only about three miles should be a big deal. When I pressed him about 11-1 all he kept saying was "wait a few months, all the locals will be on the satellite". I asked him why he couldn't try a box with new software to see if that helped. "It's not in your work order" and besides you'll get new software on this box over the air.

I wasted an entire Saturday waiting for this garbage!

Have any of you guys noticed WPIX looks the best of all HD baseball broadcasters? I have come to this opinion from watching the highlights on HDN. It blows away ESPN. I don't think this is a 720p vs. 1080i thing because I'm viewing both on a 720p fixed display. Count yourselves as very lucky, at least in terms of HD, Mets fans.

squicken said:
Have any of you guys noticed WPIX looks the best of all HD baseball broadcasters? I have come to this opinion from watching the highlights on HDN. It blows away ESPN. I don't think this is a 720p vs. 1080i thing because I'm viewing both on a 720p fixed display. Count yourselves as very lucky, at least in terms of HD, Mets fans.

WPIX has the same production crew that FoxSportnet and MSG (in NY) has. They do all the Home Met Games in HD in all three channels. All three are 1080i and they have been doing HD production for about 4 years. The Yankees used to be in HD on MSG as well back to the glory days. I agree their HD looks superb unlike ESPN-HD.

Sean Mota said:
nyjklein,

welcome. What type of antenna you have?

The Winegard Sensar GS2000A ((i think). It's the one the Voom installers brought along with a diplexor.

nyjklein said:
The Winegard Sensar GS2000A ((i think). It's the one the Voom installers brought along with a diplexor.

The problem with 4-1 and WPIX in NYC is that they are at very low power. Depending on your location in NYC, it is quite possible not to receive them. WPIX is on a VHF band right now. The NYC combiner was supposed to be done this summer, but all these people are dragging their feet on this.

One suggestion is that you try (if you can) to re-aim the antenna just a little bit. I use a rotor here in the bronx and sometimes re-aiming the antenna gets me more power out of wpix or nbc.