WRAL, WRAZ off Dish menu in North Carolina

One station (WTVD) wasn't coming in consistently with the antenna, so a tech came back and mounted the antenna that was in our living room on our roof. Now, all of the stations (except the ION station, which I don't care about) come in clearly. So, I've canceled the local channels via Dish. The tradeoff for saving the $12 a month is the loss of Primetime Anytime and I can only watch/record TWO local channels at the same time. Neither is a big deal for us.

I have been experimenting with our usual recordings to see if losing the locals vs two tuner OTA would work. The problem is with CBS, who starts ALL their shows two minutes ahead of the hour, which too often creates timer conflicts, or you adjust and then miss part of a show.
That is not happening here on CBS.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Since they are small time and don't belong to big companies that own a lot of stations I'd say yes.
Actually just found an update on wral.com from March 5th that states that Dish has stopped communication with them and have not submitted a formal counter offer to their proposal in December. It states that they do not believe that these stations will ever return to Dish and that since there are no active discussions that that is the final update to the saga.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Actually just found an update on wral.com from March 5th that states that Dish has stopped communication with them and have not submitted a formal counter offer to their proposal in December. It states that they do not believe that these stations will ever return to Dish and that since there are no active discussions that that is the final update to the saga.
No great loss but I do wish I could use the NBC app with my DISH sign in. Evidently it won’t work under the current circumstances!

• Angry
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts