wrong Lnb ??

xjbeast96

Sep 1, 2013
deltona,fl
Good morning . Just seperated from wife and i took my belongings as well as the dn 322 reciever. My father gave me a dish with a dishpro dual lnb. Aimed my dish and i can get program guide and less than 6 channels. Alot of signal loss errors. Was searching and it seems my lnb needs a switch?? Please forgive me as i know nothing about this stuff. One wire come from one side of lnb to reciever into a spliter on reicever. Hope this isnt to vagie. Thank you all in advance.

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
The lnb is wrong since the system is not making use of a splitter, that is a DishProPlus Separator, the lnb needs to be DishProPlus (which has the switch built into it) as well, DishPro will not work with the separator. Your other option is to run a second line from your current lnb so you have two independent coax runs with each one feeding only one input on the receiver.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Good morning . Just seperated from wife and i took my belongings as well as the dn 322 reciever. My father gave me a dish with a dishpro dual lnb. Aimed my dish and i can get program guide and less than 6 channels. Alot of signal loss errors. Was searching and it seems my lnb needs a switch?? Please forgive me as i know nothing about this stuff. One wire come from one side of lnb to reciever into a spliter on reicever. Hope this isnt to vagie. Thank you all in advance.
Did your father give you a DISH 500 or a DISH 300? DISH 300 looks at only one satellite and will at best get half your subscribed channels. A Dish Pro Dual suggests it might be a 300 the DISH 500 would have a Twin not a dual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts