Wrong satellite found

Status
Please reply by conversation.

biegs

Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Just purchased a dtv p3 system. I get good signals form all three birds. However on B & C I get a wrong satellite found error message? Any ideas as to why?

I had a similar problem when installing my DTV system. Your dish is aimed at the wrong 110 and 119 satellites. Directv and Dish of course both have sats in the 110 and 119 orbital slots. To fix this, adjust your dish's azimuth just slightly. Your DTV dish is picking up signal from dish network's 110 and 119 instead of directv. Do slight adjustments and you should be able to lock onto them with no problem. Also, make sure you are using the correct "tilt" and elevation settings. They can be found in the setup menu after you enter your local zip code. If those settings are correct, adjust the azimuth. Hope this helps.

biegs said:
Just purchased a dtv p3 system. I get good signals form all three birds. However on B & C I get a wrong satellite found error message? Any ideas as to why?

same problem... wrong sattelite found. i switched out my round dish for the oval 3 lnb. i'm getting a wrong satellite message on 101 and 110. no signal at all on 119.

I had a similar problem when installing my DTV system. Your dish is aimed at the wrong 110 and 119 satellites. Directv and Dish of course both have sats in the 110 and 119 orbital slots. To fix this, adjust your dish's azimuth just slightly. Your DTV dish is picking up signal from dish network's 110 and 119 instead of directv. Do slight adjustments and you should be able to lock onto them with no problem. Also, make sure you are using the correct "tilt" and elevation settings. They can be found in the setup menu after you enter your local zip code. If those settings are correct, adjust the azimuth. Hope this helps.

1) DishNetwork uses a different modulation scheme than Directv so your Directv receiver will not even see Dish transponders.

2) All of the satellites are in line over the Earth's equator. If you point your dish at 110° there is a specific elevation associated with that otherwise you'll miss the geostationary satellite belt (a.k.a. Clark's Belt).

3) I believe SAT C at 110° is actually a DISH network satellite. Directv is just leasing a few transponders on it (using the appropriate modulation for Directv).

1) DishNetwork uses a different modulation scheme than Directv so your Directv receiver will not even see Dish transponders.

2) All of the satellites are in line over the Earth's equator. If you point your dish at 110° there is a specific elevation associated with that otherwise you'll miss the geostationary satellite belt (a.k.a. Clark's Belt).

3) I believe SAT C at 110° is actually a DISH network satellite. Directv is just leasing a few transponders on it (using the appropriate modulation for Directv).

Actually, Dish has two satellites (Echostar 10 and 11) and Directv has one (Directv 5) at 110. Directv only has licenses for 3 transponders and Dish has the rest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts