WSI 6foot dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a 6ft wsi for 2 years. Mine was ok. The big issue i had was where the actuator bolted onto the angle iron on the dish. The hole for the bolt was way too big causing slop. Had to tack a weld on the bolt. Ive since replaced it with a 9ft DH. Much better.

I was really looking forward to this dish too. This weekend though am going to attempt a creative solution to it..
Cheers, K

I eliminated 98% of the crockedness/slop by adding (fabricating) a metal bushing at both ends. I went to Home Depot and bought two 3/8 push nuts, and made holes through the push nuts, then put them at both ends of the "T" bracket. It is now much sturdier and doesn't wobble when the dish is moved.
You are lucky: yor "T" bracket is @90°.
Mine looks like Dough Ross'..
I'm not a welder & this is not a job to be done in house..

I was really looking forward to this dish too. This weekend though am going to attempt a creative solution to it..
Cheers, K
How did you mak out ?
Your solution (creative) seem to be my only option since I got this reply from WSI:
"Unfortunately, we are all out of this particular antenna and all of its accessories. This was a special batch of antennas sold with an unusually high discount, below manufacturing cost and were sold as is because the antennas were not manufactured to our standard.

Thank You,
Robby Dosetareh
WS International
"

Nada for this past weekend. I did make the plans for a temporary mount, but life happened. My 9 month old just learned how to get up on his feet, problem is he doesnt know how to get back on his butt. So when he wakes up and gets up holding onto the crib railing..he's stuck, so we've been getting up at 5am for the past 2 weeks. And it rained for the first time in a month, coupled with house maintenance...besides, with my work schedule, baby and our sports commitments (spouse and I play on various organized leagues)..free time is scarce but i do plan on testing this my Friday at the latest.

Tonight, am building a bracket made out of 1"x1" wood. If it holds up, am goign to replace it with alluminum. Wenesday I should start putting the pannels on the ring. I am photo documenting the entire experience...

Cheers, K

Oh that's cute! ""Unfortunately, we are all out of this particular antenna and all of its accessories. This was a special batch of antennas sold with an unusually high discount, below manufacturing cost and were sold as is because the antennas were not manufactured to our standard.".. I wish I had known this BEFORE buying this ***** of ******* **** ***** **** ** ***** product.

Since they admit it was before their standards, I definetely feel robbed and cheated.

Cheers, K

They would have make more $ selling them to the scrap yard and save us headache.....

Oh that's cute! ""Unfortunately, we are all out of this particular antenna and all of its accessories. This was a special batch of antennas sold with an unusually high discount, below manufacturing cost and were sold as is because the antennas were not manufactured to our standard.".. I wish I had known this BEFORE buying this ***** of ******* **** ***** **** ** ***** product.

Since they admit it was before their standards, I definetely feel robbed and cheated.

Cheers, K
WSI told us the story when they first put them up for sale. They made no attempt to disguise the fact that these dishes were not up to our usual standards, and therefore, were being sold "CHEAP" . Mine is still working, and I'm glad that I bought it. I still wouldn't have c-band without it. Maybe it'll blow away someday, and my wife won't notice me replacing it with a better dish, but for now, it works for me. :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/226869-6-foot-c-ku-band-prime.html

[h=2]6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!![/h]
So, you've been wanting to add a new C band dish, or add a C band dish to your setup, but thought it was too expensive???

Here is your chance to do it for a LOW LOW COST!!!!

thumbup.gif

As many of you know, WS International manufactures and private labels satellite equipment for many companies. For the past few years we have had a huge increase in business from companies in different regions of South America. Recently, we were working on a project with a development company in South America. They were working on launching a new station for one of their customers and wanted to purchase 6-foot prime focus antennas to use for their affiliates. We won the bid on this project and made the antennas strictly to their specifications, thus it differs a bit from our actual WS1870P model. To make the long story short, they paid a deposit for us to start manufacturing the antennas, but shortly after, the 3rd portion of their funding did not come through for their project and they had to put the project on hold. We were forced bring the antennas into ourAtlanta GA warehouse instead of sending them to South America.

So, this is where it gets interesting for you folks. Since the deposit was made already on these antennas, we are able to reduce the cost to the end user and offer a HUGEsavings to our customers and specially SatelliteGuys members who want to enjoy FTA not only on Ku, but on C band also.

Here is how they differ from the actual WS1870P

1. The antennas do not come with a fixed bar. You must use a actuator arm or purchase a bracket from Home Depot or Lowes, or use a PMA24 or any other actuator arm.

2. The antenna does not include a pole (2-5/8" in diameter). Unfortunately, we do not sell the posts either.

3. Actual size: 185cm = 6.06 feet.

4. Offer valid until further notice.

Cost:

Yes I remember reading this, and "We won the bid on this project and made the antennas strictly to their specifications" does not equal "sold as is because the antennas were not manufactured to our standard" no matter how clever the writing is.

If this product was demmed "below standard" then it should have been stated as such.

Cheers, K

Yes I remember reading this, and "We won the bid on this project and made the antennas strictly to their specifications" does not equal "sold as is because the antennas were not manufactured to our standard" no matter how clever the writing is.

If this product was demmed "below standard" then it should have been stated as such.

Cheers, K

The terrible build quality is probably why the South American company suddenly couldn't come through with the "last part of their funding" as they put it. It sure seems to me they were trying to pull a fast one.

You'll probably have to sand and paint them every year, like I do ! :)

Off topic:
Brent636, do you get the Luken channels (3800H 29125 SR & 4080H 29125 SR) on SES 2 @87.0°W using you bargain 6ft dish? I have tried those transponders, but have not been able to get them so far. :(

Specifications or design has nothing to do with execution or manufacturing.
Customers are complaining about poor workmanship not about design.
I'm prety sure that the SA specs does not require brackets to be crock welded !

Been using this 6ft dish since Ive purchased it from robbie in person almost 2yrs ago and working like a champ at my brothers house with the actuator motor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Been using this 6ft dish since Ive purchased it from robbie in person almost 2yrs ago and working like a champ at my brothers house with the actuator motor.

was one of those "$69.99 price" or a different one.................

My WSI Special ($69.99) has been up since the fall of 2010 and still working well. Even survived the derecho that
blasted through here on 6/29/12. My 52 foot tower was not so lucky, it folded over above the house bracket.
I was very surprised that the dish survived as light as it is. When power was restored a week later, it still even
tracked the arc with no adjustments required.

My WSI Special ($69.99) has been up since the fall of 2010 and still working well. Even survived the derecho that
blasted through here on 6/29/12. My 52 foot tower was not so lucky, it folded over above the house bracket.
I was very surprised that the dish survived as light as it is. When power was restored a week later, it still even
tracked the arc with no adjustments required.

Nope, what really happened, is that even the derecho felt sorry for it, and decided not to destroy it! lol ;p

Off topic:
Brent636, do you get the Luken channels (3800H 29125 SR & 4080H 29125 SR) on SES 2 @87.0°W using you bargain 6ft dish? I have tried those transponders, but have not been able to get them so far. :(
I get 3800 most days, and 4080 just occasionally. I have to bump the dish to get the other tp. Both tp's cannot be locked at the same azimuth . I center my dish on 3830 V 14000, a nice strong tp. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts