WSI 6foot dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get 3800 most days, and 4080 just occasionally. I have to bump the dish to get the other tp. Both tp's cannot be locked at the same azimuth . I center my dish on 3830 V 14000, a nice strong tp. :)

At least, I know how to go about getting them. Thanks for the tip!

Been using this 6ft dish since Ive purchased it from robbie in person almost 2yrs ago and working like a champ at my brothers house with the actuator motor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Are you able to receive MeTV and This on 101w with that bargain dish in So. California? plus, are you getting the dvb-s2 stuff on 87w?

I used the method described on this site to mount my 6' WSI. I used plastic plumbing shims between the pole and the mount. I was having trouble getting some of the signals that I was getting last winter, so I bought a digital inclinometer in lieu of the dial inclinometer I have that sells for about $10.
I discovered that the pole was pretty plumb at .25 degrees off, but I had failed to measure the mount where it attaches to the pole and discovered it was not plumb relative to the pole. So I loosened and tightened the bolts to make that part vertical also.
Declination was measured across the front side of the dish because there does not seem to be a reliable place to measure from the back side.
I had installed the 22k switch that came with the Micro HD, but I wasn't getting the signals I expected. I removed that switch and connected directly to the 6' and I'm now getting more of what I expect except that when the dish heats up in the morning the signal is dropping out on some tp's such as 3800 on 87w.

I'm in SoCal and I can get 101W. I get This and ME1 & ME2, my signal is a little on the low side (50's). But as long as the wind isn't blowing too bad they come in fine. I have the WSI 6' special with a DMX-741.

At least, I know how to go about getting them. Thanks for the tip!
87W is my true south satellite, and I have to bump the dish to change from the 3800 mux to the 4080 mux. That bumping the dish might not be necessary if you are substantially farther east or west than I am. The increased angle might work to your advantage in getting both at the same azimuth. :)

Mounted. I built a modified mount based on mr3p's work and pictures (thanks dude). Now no signal on 72W (actually sqwat on every position I tried). For 72w, is there a full time strong C* transponder? I used 3937v (CW) as a starting point to no avail. Tried for about 3 hours before I gave up.

Cheers, K

That sat the c-band signals are all S2, so a 6 foot dish may not get them. Perhaps it could, if you are in the right part of the country, and the dish was perfectly peaked.

I need a strong C* transponder... anywhere between 72W and 91w. Also, am using a BSC 621-2D LNB (model with a dedicated C and Ku outputs), would slapping on a conical scalar improve reception, or would it just be futile?

Cheers, K

I need a strong C* transponder... anywhere between 72W and 91w. Also, am using a BSC 621-2D LNB (model with a dedicated C and Ku outputs), would slapping on a conical scalar improve reception, or would it just be futile?

Cheers, K
TRY These:
83 C 3805 V 4166
87 C 3723 V 2500
89 C 3880 V 32357

Using the WSI Bargain 6ft, I locked on AMC 6 C-Band @ 3937V 2825SR around 4:00pm EST yesterday. Signal Q was low, but jumped up from 34 to 59 later.

The temporary mount worked (signaled acquired from 99W). Now am putting this WSI polar mount together...Anyone w/ experience, how does the picture look? Needless to say the "instructions" were a real mind bender.

Cheers, K

WSImount.jpg

Need to put a nut on that J bolt that adjusts and holds your elevation. One above and another below the plate it goes thru. Setting the declination angle now will/may be easier than when the dish is attached.

The 2 nuts that came w/ the kit are too big for the J bolt and Ive been to three hardware stores without success.

Cheers, K

Dunno. When I have time, I'll bring the J bolt to a few more stores and see if I can find something that fits. Other than this, how does the mount look?

Cheers, K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)