WSTV - Where is it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still cannot find White Springs TV

I can get all the Dish net channels @ 129W, I get the channels on 127 and 125 now problem but I cannot seem to find WSTV anywhere. I put the correct tp in, blind scan but nothing... My dish size is 36"

Lak7 - the quality on D129 right now is 34, 35

How can I tweak it? You know when I think about it, when I had WSTV the quality was pretty low.

Last edited:
When I hooked up Whitesprings last summer, what I did is used my dish that was aimed at G10r (now G18) and strapped an LNBF next to the one for G18. On my Digiwave 7000, it gave me a quality of 1, but still produced a picture. I had the receiver and TV next to the dish and held the LNBF next to the fixed LNBF on the dish to see where to mount it. You may try aiming your dish at G18 and try holding a second LNBF for Whitesprings next to the one moiunted on the dish. Lots of posts with pictures on the board on how to do this. Just make sure you have the data entered for their transponder and the receiver switched to that channel when you search for the signal. The picture will pop in when you have the signal. The quality meter never moved above 1 on my box.

Thanks Larry1

Happy to see that you've had similar experience. I had WSTV before but like I said very low quality - in fact it was probably 1 like what you said because I remember having a picture but the quality line was basically 0. Now I cant seem to find that quality of 1 anymore.

I thought everyone had great quality with this channel so I was wondering why I couldnt pick it up especially since i had it before. I dont really want to adjust the dish cause everything else seems ok but maybe I will give it a try one day.

Anyone else out there has low quality on WSTV @ 129w or is it just us canadians?

Try driving the motor either way off of the sat and scan again. With usals you can change your location setting slightly causing the motor to move the dish. Might only be a click or two away from it. It may just take a slightly stronger signal to scan in.
The meter on my Digiwave reads Q99 on most sats, but that low symbol rate on Whitesprings plays havoc on my box. The picture comes in fine though, its only the meter (and scan) that has a problem with it.

THanks Lak7. So its 127W thats what I thought.

Cause I'm scanning it looking for 11964 H and coming up with nothing. I've created the tp and everything but no White Springs TV.

Have you tried using 11963? That's the frequency I get WS at. 11964 gives me nothing. May want to give that a try.

I just reinstalled my Primestar 1.0 at my property and lucked out. I found 123 and turned the dish abit farther west and 129 was right there. I am at 93-94 quality on my CS 5000. I am keeping the PS on 129, I have been gone for awhile, where should I point my Direcway dish? How are my FTA friends doing?
Im in Minnesota which is farther north than TO and having a 75 quality on the Coolsat 5000

Well 123 is dwindling down, since the loss of the major players, and some stations getting bought up by the Daystar people. You could opt for AMC9 and watch RTV if you like old stuff.
Or AMC6 for some NBC variety and news feeds. Or just point it at 74 or 105 and leave it until next month when the college football games come back.
*and certainly, you can aim it at 97 and get loads of channels.

[FONT=&quot]I think the problem is your using there old t.p numbers. Thy changed them a few weeks ago to 12027 h 2920 . it’s in “ the list” hope this helps.[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)