WTF DISH (another HDRSN RANT!)

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok so I set my dvr to record the HD version of the Chicago Whitesox home opener this afternoon on comcast sports net HD on the HD channel. I specifically set the DVR to record on the HD channel! Did it record on that channel, Nope! I got the SD version instead! WTF! Now im SOL of the HD version and Now Im SOL of the HD version on tonights replay because dish doesnt carry the dam RSN full time!

DISH FORGET ABOUT QVCHD AND SHORTSHD GIVE ME COMCAST SPORTS NET CHICAGO IN HD 100 PERCENT ALL THE TIME!

You have the dam bandwidth up there, use it already!This rant will continue for the next 161 games, or come October, which ever lasts the longest!:up

Last edited:
LOL, I'm just ticked, I know the dvr was set for CCSNHD as I selected the 4 hour block in HD. Now, I cant watch it in hd so much as it never recorded it on the proper channel.

You knew they pulled that crap when you switched back from Directv. Dish has no resonable logic when it comes to HD RSN. It's a shame because to many their RSN is a "top 5" type cable channel.

I have said and still say it today, if you want sports, you want DIRECTV.

It seems as though the only sports DISH can get right is their own Denver teams, they forget that the rest of the country has teams too. :)

I have said and still say it today, if you want sports, you want DIRECTV.

It seems as though the only sports DISH can get right is their own Denver teams, they forget that the rest of the country has teams too. :)

Yes Scott I want other programming too! :p LOL Whos going to step up to the plate and provide it all! Thats who I want! :up Right now the only way to do so is to sub to both and that isnt happing any time soon at my place!

Did you try setting the timer for the 5000s range channel, rather than the HD mapdown to the SD channel number?

I agree. The Wed Indians Sox game is not listed at being in HD on STO (Fortunatly it is on WGN) The Fri Sat Sun and Mon Indians games are not listed in the guide as being in HD. Fortuntaly the Mon games is the Indians home opener and will be on WKYC in HD as well as STO.

Goaliebob99 is right. Dish is starting to run out of excuses not to carry RSNs full time. I thought they would get to them at the end of last year. I think the 61.5 failures scared them off. They should at least pick the 7 biggest WA/EA markets and put them full time on each arc. People could if they wanted have 2 dishes to at least get both arcs full time if they wanted to do so (and subscribed to the multisport pack). With the move of all the EA to 72.7 they have the space now. They should at least do the top 7 RSNs (one transponder), and work down from there.

Well opening day game for D-Backs was in HD but that's the only game scheduled in series. I want full time HD not 1 out of 3 games. It is time to switch.

I know what Scott's surprise is, a place for everyone to complain about RSNs over and over. :D

Just kidding, I actually agree 100%. Makes no sense not to carry at this point.

Ok so I set my dvr to record the HD version of the Chicago Whitesox home opener this afternoon on comcast sports net HD on the HD channel. I specifically set the DVR to record on the HD channel! Did it record on that channel, Nope! I got the SD version instead! WTF! Now im SOL of the HD version and Now Im SOL of the HD version on tonights replay because dish doesnt carry the dam RSN full time!

DISH FORGET ABOUT QVCHD AND SHORTSHD GIVE ME COMCAST SPORTS NET CHICAGO IN HD 100 PERCENT ALL THE TIME!

You have the dam bandwidth up there, use it already!This rant will continue for the next 161 games, or come October, which ever lasts the longest!:up

SORRY QVC-HD is More important then your sports baseball.

I'm glad the only sport I watch is the NBA.

I get that just fine on Dish.

And Scott, I tell people the same thing when the ask me about providers... If you want any sport other than the NBA, go with Direct.

If you like 'regular' programming, Dish is the way to go.

I'm glad the only sport I watch is the NBA.

I get that just fine on Dish.

And Scott, I tell people the same thing when the ask me about providers... If you want any sport other than the NBA, go with Direct.

If you like 'regular' programming, Dish is the way to go.
Why other than the NBA? NBA LP is better on Direct as well. And many NBA games are on RSNs, thus creating many of the same problems that people complain about

I agree with the sentiment of this thread, but was there really a need to open another thread on this topic? Bob, you already had a similar thread going. Why anothey, why?

Goaliebob99 is right. Dish is starting to run out of excuses not to carry RSNs full time. I thought they would get to them at the end of last year. I think the 61.5 failures scared them off. They should at least pick the 7 biggest WA/EA markets and put them full time on each arc. People could if they wanted have 2 dishes to at least get both arcs full time if they wanted to do so (and subscribed to the multisport pack). With the move of all the EA to 72.7 they have the space now. They should at least do the top 7 RSNs (one transponder), and work down from there.

Went and looked at the next (11 games) two weeks. 9 in HD for Dodgers, 2 in HD for D-backs. Looks like if your in the LA area and an Dodger fan most games are in HD.
I'll be calling Direct tomorrow and set up an installation. I've been a Dish customer since 1998 and hate changing but since going, HD TV I can't watch baseball in SD and baseball is my primary interest over movie and shopping channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)