WWE in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Looks like you can add USA and Sci Fi to being HD by early 2008...

WWE Will Go HD In 2008
Chief Vince McMahon reveals plans in investors meeting.
By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (May 12, 2007) -- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) will begin producing its weekly wrestling shows in High-Definition TV in early 2008.

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon revealed the company's high-def plans in an investors meeting this month following issuing its first quarter report.

McMahon said the company has been testing high-def for some time, but has waited to launch his popular wrestling shows in HD due to production costs and technical reasons.

The company produces the shows RAW, SmackDown! and ECW.

McMahon told the investors meeting that the high-def trials "have looked great."

Pro wrestling is the one of the few popular sports still not available in high-def.

A "sport"? I thought they were now classified as "entertainment" as to avoid any sports regulations. Seems they are nothing more than a male oriented soap opera.

I have seen one of their Trials in HD. And it does look good in HD. The BIG problem with it is, when the guys punch most of the time they dont hit.

On regular SD TV it looks like the guy got wacked hard, yet in HD you can see that the pulled punch missed by a mile. :)

I do think that their big events such as WrestleMania should be in HD.

...The BIG problem with it is, when the guys punch most of the time they dont hit. On regular SD TV it looks like the guy got wacked hard, yet in HD you can see that the pulled punch missed by a mile. :).

Hehe EXPOSED! Poor disillusioned young kids that still swear its real will now be forced to lean on Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy now. LOL!

I don't think many people, kids included, believe it's real anymore. It's still entertaining. The outcome of the match may be predetermined, but there is no faking some of the sh*t they do do each other. Oh and they still have to abide by state athletic commisions, drug tests now even, started a few years ago.

I watch it too (although not as much as I use to) The storylineare no loinger intersting nor are the performers they try to push.

I watch it too (although not as much as I use to) The storylineare no loinger intersting nor are the performers they try to push.

I would agree with the storylines and guys they are pushing..........It would be great though one day if WWE 24/7 would be able to work with Directv for all the old school stuff..I have though about makin the plungs into also having cable just for that. I cant see paying alomost 50.00 just for one channel at this time

For now, I may ad sports pack to catch MSG WWE classics.....

I watch it every once in a while. While it is a performance, these guys do get hurt and are athletes. I have seen one of these rings put together and I have to tell you I don't know how these guys last as long as they do. There isn't much padding in that ring at all.

Here is the bottom line... Wrestling is not legit. But fake is too harsh of a word. It is more real than you can imagine. Injuries occur often, and it is competitive. Although the matches are pre-determined you still have to be damn good at it to be the best. You have to be tough to take some of the bumps, and you have to have good wrestling ring mechanics and skills. Not to mention microphone skills. I love WWE and will be ecstatic once it goes HD!... OH and by the way, I've been to several events live and some of the things are noticable, like when the wrestlers talk to eachother to plan their next moves and the punches don't always connect...Some grapplers are worse than others when it comes to the contact. But for the most part I believe in HD it will still look good not reveal too much. Plus, you have to believe WWE's production team will work out the kinks as far as camera angles and close-ups with the HD equipment to help it look "Real".

OH and by the way, I've been to several events live and some of the things are noticable, like when the wrestlers talk to eachother to plan their next moves and the punches don't always connect...Some grapplers are worse than others when it comes to the contact. But for the most part I believe in HD it will still look good not reveal too much. Plus, you have to believe WWE's production team will work out the kinks as far as camera angles and close-ups with the HD equipment to help it look "Real".

I agree that once WWE comes out in HD, the camera angles will be set up so that everything looks as close to possibly being real as possible (wow, what a sentence! LOL). I've watched recorded/taped shows that I went to LIVE and they look more real on tv than in person, especially the luchador matches. Most moves they don't even touch, it's just choreographed dancing!:eek:

Dang, I trust tried to report a news story and look what happened. The point of the thread was that the programming will be in HD soon. We all know that pro wrestling is basically a soap opera for men bit I beleive that it is stilla sport. These guys are talented. Lets jsut leave it at that and celebrate more HD! Although after going to the last 5 Wrestlemanias I am very interested in seeing mania in HD! Hopefully, this year!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)