WWTV removed from dish

Heritage Broadcast announced that Dish stop negations July 8th. They also state that Dish head of negation personal is on vacation and has not provided feedback on the latest offer on the table.

This money grab is sure getting rediculous. A friend of mine with a 722K now wishes he had taken my old OTA adapter with this on going joke. Now he has been talking about puting up an outside antenna. I am sure happy I kept mine working.

Well, when you consider it is on a TALL tower and located in the highest point in lower Michigan, it should come in good.

Yes it is but with the transition to digital the signal distance is cut way down. They have added to auxiliary transmitters one in Traverse City and the other one near Gaylord. I have in the past talked to their chief engineer. He seems like a really good guy

Yes it is but with the transition to digital the signal distance is cut way down. They have added to auxiliary transmitters one in Traverse City and the other one near Gaylord. I have in the past talked to their chief engineer. He seems like a really good guy
I agree with you on the shorter distance. When VHF was being used, I could get Green Bay and most of the time Milwaukee from the other side of Lake Michigan. Now I can only pick them up when the atmosphere is having a "fit."
Next time you talk with the 9 and 10 engineer, ask him why the do not transmit sound in 5.1 format. Almost all stations when 5.1 sound is being sent, my high quality receiver indicator shows that sound type. It only shows pro-logic from 9 and 10. Very odd since that was something CBS had for a long time in their ads for HD TV.

I agree with you on the shorter distance. When VHF was being used, I could get Green Bay and most of the time Milwaukee from the other side of Lake Michigan. Now I can only pick them up when the atmosphere is having a "fit."
Next time you talk with the 9 and 10 engineer, ask him why the do not transmit sound in 5.1 format. Almost all stations when 5.1 sound is being sent, my high quality receiver indicator shows that sound type. It only shows pro-logic from 9 and 10. Very odd since that was something CBS had for a long time in their ads for HD TV.

I did get a chance to get a answer to your question. Since WWTV supports 3 transmitters (WWTV 9, WFUP 45 and WWUP 10) the current infrastructure used to send the signal to all three sites does not support 5.1 However the PtOP does. So that would mean that 5.1 is sent to the providers like Charter and depending where you are located determines whether you get it or not

Well that sure answers a question I have had for a long time. I never bothered to ask them thinking the polite answer I would receive would be that I don't know what I was talking about. Sounds like they need to charge their sponsors more so they can upgrade the old equipment. I knew there was something wrong because I would see re-runs from "other" stations and the sound was 5.1 and was much better. They can't get 5.1 to Dish back when it was on also. Been too long since I had Charter TV so really don't know about that one. Very interesting......

WWTV is off the air due to a power outage at the transmitter/studio

You should have seen the storm that went through here! The middle of Michigan got POUNDED with baseball sized hail, high winds, and thunderstorms. I live just South of that area, and the storm finally hit us around 7pm. We had winds over 30mph all day, and they suddenly STOPPED like flipping a switch. We were right in the eye of the hunderstorm, and all the wind got sucked out.

It finally passed through after a couple hours and we didn't lose power, (miracle) but the whole middle of Michigan (Houghton Lake belt area, just North of us) below Traverse City got wasted all the way across to East Tawas. Most are still without power, and probably won't get it back for a few days.

Here's Consumers outage map. You can zoom in and see: https://www.consumersenergy.com/outagemap

You should have seen the storm that went through here! The middle of Michigan got POUNDED with baseball sized hail, high winds, and thunderstorms. I live just South of that area, and the storm finally hit us around 7pm. We had winds over 30mph all day, and they suddenly STOPPED like flipping a switch. We were right in the eye of the hunderstorm, and all the wind got sucked out.

It finally passed through after a couple hours and we didn't lose power, (miracle) but the whole middle of Michigan (Houghton Lake belt area, just North of us) below Traverse City got wasted all the way across to East Tawas. Most are still without power, and probably won't get it back for a few days.

Here's Consumers outage map. You can zoom in and see: https://www.consumersenergy.com/outagemap

We had the same thing here in Luzerne. Both
Repeater channel 45 and 10 were transmitting a blank screen with no programming this morning. The towers had power but no studio feed

Negotiations started up today. 9&10 said Dish's negotiator is back from vacation. This is getting funny

9&10 are now asking you to show your discount for not having their channels on Facebook. They are saying this will allow other subscribers to see if Dish is being fair to everyone.

They are using a tactic that makes Dish look like the only bad guy. From everything I have been reading, they may be hurting right now with the loss of Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)