WYDN-TV Boston AMC 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
Anyone able to get this Channel..,, it is listed both at Lyngsat and global-cm.net, but I have blind scanned and scan 12140 V for it... no luck.

look very closely at the tp info...

and then go in to edit tp in the bird in your reciever and enter the tp and sr if the tp/sr combo is not already loaded in the receiver, then blind scan that tp or just blind scan the whole bird again. I'm seeing a lot of tps on lyngsat (especially feeds) that weren't in my 3500sd's presets... so this weekend I'm probably going to manually go to lyngsat, print off all the birds' pages and manually enter tp/sr and polarity info... did that this mornong on amc3 I think, and suddenly pulled in a LOT more channels... (good portion of which were news feeds).

When your receiver blind scans it only blind scans the tps that are in it's memory. if the channel you are looking for is not in memory of the receiver, your dish can be looking right at the satellite all day and you can do 3 million and one blind scans, but you'll never see the channel you are after... sort of like trying to use AM radio tuner to find an FM station.

not really. I know some days it reads at 0 quality and some days at 60 quality.

What I did with my Pansat is make sure you have good quality and scan it (TP scan). One time I did a PID scan and that seemed to work.

It can be hard to pickup, but the content of the channel seems to be identical to the Daystar feeds on G10 and IA5.

Mine came in, whenever I scanned it with TP at 12138, that little bit of difference shouldn't matter, but you never know. You might want to try it. On mine the SR is the same as lyngsat at 2222.

Al

mastermesh said:
and then go in to edit tp in the bird in your reciever and enter the tp and sr if the tp/sr combo is not already loaded in the receiver, then blind scan that tp or just blind scan the whole bird again. I'm seeing a lot of tps on lyngsat (especially feeds) that weren't in my 3500sd's presets... so this weekend I'm probably going to manually go to lyngsat, print off all the birds' pages and manually enter tp/sr and polarity info... did that this mornong on amc3 I think, and suddenly pulled in a LOT more channels... (good portion of which were news feeds).

When your receiver blind scans it only blind scans the tps that are in it's memory. if the channel you are looking for is not in memory of the receiver, your dish can be looking right at the satellite all day and you can do 3 million and one blind scans, but you'll never see the channel you are after... sort of like trying to use AM radio tuner to find an FM station.

Sounds like someone isn't using a real blind scan???

I can delete every TP on a bird on my Fortec and hit blind scan. The TP's are automatically saved and scanned. This is a real blindscan...

digiblur said:
Sounds like someone isn't using a real blind scan???

I can delete every TP on a bird on my Fortec and hit blind scan. The TP's are automatically saved and scanned. This is a real blindscan...
True, the whole advantage of blind scan is to find new TPs that aren't programmed into the receiver (i.e., feeds that come and go)...

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Never laid eyes on this channel before, blind scan on the Coolsat wouldn't pick it up. Did a manual scan on 12140 v 2222 and it came right in!
Same here, my Fortec Lifetime Classic NA never found it with blind scan either. After the first post in this thread I blind scanned the sat again with both the default 6 scan step and a 4 step. Neither one found this transponder. Once I manually added the transponder it found the channel immediately.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Never laid eyes on this channel before, blind scan on the Coolsat wouldn't pick it up. Did a manual scan on 12140 v 2222 and it came right in!

Thats really strange, I have a Traxis 3500 and did Blind Scan, Manual Scan and TP scan and nothing.

I have a coolsat 5000 and I also put it in manually and got it but never seen it with the blind scan.What else am I not seeing and how exactly does the blind scan work?It probably sees the transponder but misses the S/R somehow?

Dave

hwh said:
Same here, my Fortec Lifetime Classic NA never found it with blind scan either. After the first post in this thread I blind scanned the sat again with both the default 6 scan step and a 4 step. Neither one found this transponder. Once I manually added the transponder it found the channel immediately.
I wonder if it has something to do with the level? I have a Fortec NA and it scanned right in using blind scan. I running at between 55 and 60 percent.

123tim said:
I wonder if it has something to do with the level? I have a Fortec NA and it scanned right in using blind scan. I running at between 55 and 60 percent.
Maybe, mine is a little lower, a solid 46 with occasional jumps to 53-55. However, other sats I've scanned have found transponders way lower than that.

I just re-ran the scans again, the default blind scan (step by 6) looks at 12135 and 12141. Neither one has enough strength to see 12140 as they go by. Changing it to step by 4 looks at 12138 and 12142, again missing 12140. It did find 12137 SR 2000 when it scanned 12138. If the signal strength was a little higher maybe the scan could find it even though it doesn't hit the exact frequency.

I wish there was a way to tell the Fortec to step by 1. It would take a long time but I think it might find a few more TPs that way.

Hank,

This makes no sense, but there might be a difference in our scans. I have a universal LNB, do you? I remember Iceberg saying that a universal LNB takes a lot longer to scan because of the extra frequency. Do you think that the Fortec might also scan differently when set to "universal"? (As opposed to standard.)

Tim

Notice the symbol rate of the signal in question here. Low symbol rates like this require an LNB with good LO stability. A PLL lnb would probably be a good choice for signals like this or at least one with a stability of something like +- 250khz. Also a signal with a low symbol rate is going to be a very narrow signal. That's why the issue of the size of the steps of frequency used during a blind scan come into play. A reciever that uses a larger step sizes might "step" right over the signal missing it completely.

No Tim, I have an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF which is a standard LNB. Maybe it's just that my quality is a hair lower than yours. Or maybe the receiver in your Fortec is just a little stronger than mine. Or the gremlins in my receiver were awake when I scanned and your's were sleeping. :)

Stefan, It is a very narrow transponder, WYDN is the only thing on it. The channel plays fine once it's put in, it just doesn't show up on blind scans for me. The Fortec does step over it for me, that's why I wish they'd give a choice of step by one and two.

What steps do some of the other receivers do? The Fortec NA gives a choice of 4, 6 (default), 8, 10, and 12.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)