X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

18.5 Million PS4's sold and 10.9 million PS Plus subs
according to a Sony News Release.

They've been pretty closed lipped about the number of Plus subs, so it's interesting to get some actual data. I am surprised, however, that there aren't more, given Plus is required for PS4 online access and the fact that there are probably millions of PS3/Vita owners who have Plus but not a PS4 yet.

18.5 Million PS4's sold and 10.9 million PS Plus subs
according to a Sony News Release.

They've been pretty closed lipped about the number of Plus subs, so it's interesting to get some actual data. I am surprised, however, that there aren't more, given Plus is required for PS4 online access and the fact that there are probably millions of PS3/Vita owners who have Plus but not a PS4 yet.
True but A: Not everyone cares about playing online, B: A lot of Apps and other things don't require Plus, and C: If you don't do a lot of gaming, Plus may not make sense even with the free games. Looking back I sort of wish I had gotten Plus earlier so I could have gotten some more free games, but really at the time I wasn't using my PS3 a lot.

Is a Playstation TV price cut coming? It's already cheaper at various retailers.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/8/7513081/playstation-tv-price-drops-at-slew-of-retailers

Seeing those prices over the holiday season I was beginning to suspect some kind of clearance -- that Sony was trying to kill off PS TV like the Vita. But with the announcement of the PS Now subscription service, I can see these prices as Sony giving folks an even less expensive entry point to the service via a device that connects to a home TV setup. Oddly PS TV plays MP3s off a memory card out of the box but still, to my knowledge, doesn't have a Netflix app.

Been needing a new ps3 controller, as one of them has a bad right stick. So at $80, I might grab one. Kids can then play their Vita stuff on the tv as a bonus

Been needing a new ps3 controller, as one of them has a bad right stick. So at $80, I might grab one. Kids can then play their Vita stuff on the tv as a bonus

$80 doesn't get you the controller. $80 is just for the console. With the controller it costs $100

I was considering doing the same thing for a similar reason over the holidays before I bought a PS4, as all four of my PS3 controllers are borked in some way and the DS4 won't play all PS3 games (that I'm still playing or want to play).

$80 doesn't get you the controller. $80 is just for the console. With the controller it costs $100

$100 is still a great deal -- instead of $140.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)