X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

I think this is a great gesture to rehabilitate some goodwill with customers, but there's no mention of what people who buy the game after today are entitled to since there will no longer even be a season pass to provide a price break on DLC. In other words, what I'm seeing is if you didn't buy the game during the first two weeks, no freebees and you get to pay full price for all the DLC now--though the main game will likely still have its problems.

EDIT: Nevermind, Ubi's original statement reads: "To show our appreciation for your continued support, we’re making the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC free for everyone."

I assume that means the Dead Kings DLC will just always be free on the respective stores.

Unsurprisingly, the Xbox One did pretty damn well this Black Friday (and will likely continue to do so throughout the holiday season.)

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/1/73...-the-competition-made-up-most-of-black-friday

Makes sense to me. They had pretty much everything stacked in their favor. The big thing is that they got the price point $50 below the PS4. With the Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and Sunset Overdrive packages they had more attractive bundles available than Sony did. Not only that but Microsoft actually had some decent exclusives this Fall (Sunset Overdrive, MCC, Forza Horizon 2). Sony basically sat out the holiday season unless you are a big LittleBigPlanet fan.

In other news, I canceled that SSD/Far Cry 4 bundle I just said I ordered a few minutes ago. I looked at my Gamefly queue and if I buy Far Cry 4 I will basically have nothing I want to rent when I finish Dragon Age until the end of February. The SSD would have been the 3rd storage drive in a gaming PC that already has a 250GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. I still say it's an awesome deal if you have a gaming PC and any interest in Far Cry 4 but it didn't make a ton of sense for me. I actually thought about keeping the game for myself and giving the SSD as a Christmas present but I couldn't think of a single person I would give a gift like that to who could actually install it or understand why they would want to.

I have a 256 SSD, a .5TB internal, a 2TB external, and also a 256 HDD that's sitting dormant that used to be my main drive before I went to SSD. I really should resurrect that drive and get the storage space back.

Reviews are up for GoT. They're mainly positive, but they all seem to emphasize that, unlike The Walking Dead, if you don't know anything about the source material, you're going to be confused and/or bored. It appears to take place after The Red Wedding (Season 3 Episode 9). I suppose some people will post a "What you need to know" about the game, but it appears to really be something for the fans, and arguably if you haven't seen the show, your experience will be diminished. I'll be adding this to my wish list (along with Tales from the Borderlands) and snatch it up when the price is right (which is actually $30 as opposed to $25, but there is a 6th episode this time as opposed to the usual 5.)

Reviews are up for GoT. They're mainly positive, but they all seem to emphasize that, unlike The Walking Dead, if you don't know anything about the source material, you're going to be confused and/or bored. It appears to take place after The Red Wedding (Season 3 Episode 9). I suppose some people will post a "What you need to know" about the game, but it appears to really be something for the fans, and arguably if you haven't seen the show, your experience will be diminished. I'll be adding this to my wish list (along with Tales from the Borderlands) and snatch it up when the price is right (which is actually $30 as opposed to $25, but there is a 6th episode this time as opposed to the usual 5.)

I don't want to play out exact scenes I've already read and seen but I would be disappointed if this wasn't pretty closely connected to the books/show. There is so much going on in that world and there is plenty of room to expand on characters and events that were minor parts of the story.

I am looking forward to this game but I'm also kind of worried that this may be Tell Tale's first big misstep since they blew up with TWD. I hope that's not the case but GoT is a unique challenge they didn't have to deal with on their other recent games. I don't know The Wolf Among Us' source material so I can't speak about that game but with TWD and Borderlands they were free to tell their own original story. They used the source material to setup the world but they weren't beholden to it. This time it looks like they have to write a smaller story around the main story that was already told in the show/books. I'm not saying that a game more connected to the source material is a bad thing but it's a different writing job than their other games where they had more freedom. I love the source material so I hope they can still make it a good game in it's own right instead of just a novelty for fans of the show.

One Tell Tale game on day one is enough for me so I'll be holding out for a discount too. I hope their deal with HBO didn't cost them too much so we can still see that relatively quickly.

The R&D and time and work involved probably didn't make it worth it. Sony is reeling enough financially at this point

Looks pretty cool. If I didn't already have a PS4 and they were the same price I would take that model over a standard black one. I'm assuming they will charge quite a bit more for that one though, especially if it includes the camera they showed off.

Street Fighter 5 announced. If you have an Xbox One though, you get to pound sand.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/05/street-fighter-5-announced-exclusively-on-ps4-pc/

Capcom seems to love signing exclusive deals lately. They went Xbox One and PC exclusive on Dead Rising 3 too. They must need deals like this to get their games funded or it doesn't really make sense to limit their audience like that. I don't care for Street Fighter, myself but it seems really weird to limit a widely popular franchise like that to one console. Street Fighter is also one of those games that will continue to sell throughout the generation so this has long term ramifications. I'm sure Street Fighter IV sold a lot of copies on 360.

Capcom seems to love signing exclusive deals lately. They went Xbox One and PC exclusive on Dead Rising 3 too. They must need deals like this to get their games funded or it doesn't really make sense to limit their audience like that. I don't care for Street Fighter, myself but it seems really weird to limit a widely popular franchise like that to one console. Street Fighter is also one of those games that will continue to sell throughout the generation so this has long term ramifications. I'm sure Street Fighter IV sold a lot of copies on 360.
According to some sources (Which I unfortunately don't have time to cite here) Sony helped fund the game, so it would make sense that they would make it exclusive to them (in terms of console.) I am interested to see how they're going to pull off cross platform playing.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is getting a big patch today, except for the Xbox One.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/9/7358847/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-update-release

That's good to hear. I have been pretty busy the last few weeks and I haven't had much time to sink into Dragon Age so luckily I haven't came across any of these hiccups yet. I have heard reports of weird moments in conversation wheels where you don't have any choices to respond but the person you are talking to is just staring at you and blinking waiting for you to say something.

I think my save says I have about 15 hours in but I have still been doing mostly side quests. I'm looking forward to putting some major time in with Dragon Age when things settle down this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts