X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

I think it's that issue along with the fact that Rogue was not released at all to critics and to basically no fanfare. So potentially Ubisoft has released one very public dud as well as one hidden dud. I bet Ubisoft is praying that Far Cry 4 does better. That's basically their last chance of redemption for the year.

It seems like Ubisoft messes up when it comes to AAA releases, but the smaller ones do quite well. I recently finished Valiant Hearts (which I'll review later) and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I've heard good things about Child of Light, and I've been a champion of the recent Rayman games for a while.

On that topic, here's a 6 minute compilation of glitches

Luckily Far Cry 3 was really impressive and I think most people would be happy with more of the same there. I will be really surprised if they mess that one up.

Luckily Far Cry 3 was really impressive and I think most people would be happy with more of the same there. I will be really surprised if they mess that one up.
If AC:Unity is proof of anything it's that past performance is not indicative of future results.

If AC:Unity is proof of anything it's that past performance is not indicative of future results.

True but from what I have seen Unity looks to be a much bigger departure from previous games than Far Cry does. Unity drastically increased the number of NPCs and completely redid their entire AI system. The video I have seen of it looks pretty impressive but unfortunately it's full of bugs.

From what I have seen of Far Cry 4 it basically looks like the PC version of Far Cry 3 in a new location with new characters. Yes, they improved the visuals a bit but it doesn't look like they have completely overhauled entire systems. I'm no programer and I could be completely off base here but to me it seems like the less you change from previous games, the less likely you are to introduce a bunch of new glitches.

True but from what I have seen Unity looks to be a much bigger departure from previous games than Far Cry does. Unity drastically increased the number of NPCs and completely redid their entire AI system. The video I have seen of it looks pretty impressive but unfortunately it's full of bugs.

From what I have seen of Far Cry 4 it basically looks like the PC version of Far Cry 3 in a new location with new characters. Yes, they improved the visuals a bit but it doesn't look like they have completely overhauled entire systems. I'm no programer and I could be completely off base here but to me it seems like the less you change from previous games, the less likely you are to introduce a bunch of new glitches.
Well what also doesn't help is when you have 6+ studios around the world working on the same project. I had enough issues as a web developer working with one separate team out of India. I can't imagine how awful it is when you have stuff being touched by people in China, France, India, Mexico, US, etc etc. Ubisoft apparently hasn't learned how to properly scale their projects.

Leaked images of the new Telltale Game of Thrones game have surfaced.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/16/7...-a-first-glimpse-of-telltales-game-of-thrones

I'm kind of surprised to see major characters like Tyrion, Jamie, Cersei, and Margaery in those leaked images. From what I have heard the game is supposed to tell a story about more minor group of characters that takes place from Season 3 to just before Season 5 starts this Spring. You know that none of your choices can have any major effects on main characters because it's supposed to be the same world as the show. They can't let us kill Cersei and then have her show up like nothing happened in Season 5.

Also, this is going to be the first time Tell Tale has a real time restriction. Season 5 of the show is supposed to start in April and this is supposed to end before then. Hopefully this cuts down some of those long gaps between episodes.

On the flip side this means that if you want to play the game you basically have to be all caught up or else you're A: Not going to know what's going on and/or B: Deal with massive spoilers. I'm almost fully caught up so I guess this gives me a reason to go back and finish up Season 4.

I'm kind of surprised to see major characters like Tyrion, Jamie, Cersei, and Margaery in those leaked images. From what I have heard the game is supposed to tell a story about more minor group of characters that takes place from Season 3 to just before Season 5 starts this Spring. You know that none of your choices can have any major effects on main characters because it's supposed to be the same world as the show. They can't let us kill Cersei and then have her show up like nothing happened in Season 5.

Also, this is going to be the first time Tell Tale has a real time restriction. Season 5 of the show is supposed to start in April and this is supposed to end before then. Hopefully this cuts down some of those long gaps between episodes.

The Game of Thrones RPG that came out a few years ago also included a few of the major characters, but in supporting roles. There were no decisions the main characters could make that would affect the outcomes for people like Cersei, Varys, or Mormont. I'm guessing the "leaked" images are meant to make people think their favorite characters will be a part of the game, even if only as cameos.

I'm WAY behind on The Game of Thrones. I keep catching spoilers right and left when I'm least expecting them, including indirectly in this thread just now (e.g., knowing these characters will be surviving as long as they apparently are). I've watched the first two seasons on disc from Netflix, but I've since decided to read ahead before watching the TV series. I just started the third book (which is 1,200 pages), so it might be awhile before I can rent season three.

I'm WAY behind on The Game of Thrones. I keep catching spoilers right and left when I'm least expecting them, including indirectly in this thread just now (e.g., knowing these characters will be surviving as long as they apparently are). I've watched the first two seasons on disc from Netflix, but I've since decided to read ahead before watching the TV series. I just started the third book (which is 1,200 pages), so it might be awhile before I can rent season three.

Who knows? I mentioned Cersei still being alive but the rest of them could have died in season 3 or 4 since part of the game takes place in that time frame. I guess you'll have to read/watch to find out....

Ha, I'm also trying to stay ahead of the show in the books. I'm caught up on both of them so far but I haven't read the book that goes with Season 5 yet. They are very long books that take me forever to get through so I need to get on that. They are so long that I sometimes read shorter books for a break when I'm in the middle of one.

Tales From the Borderlands is coming out... TODAY!

I have about $100 in my Steam wallet from gift cards and I'd really like to play the first episode tonight. The only problem is that the Steam Fall Sale starts tomorrow and I'd rather use that credit towards heavily discounted games (I'm looking at you Shadow of Mordor.)

Not only that but Telltale games usually get discounted pretty aggressively on Steam. I wouldn't be surprised to see it available for about $15 right before episode 2 comes out. If you can wait until the final episode they are usually available for around $7.

I've been on each of their other recent games pretty close to launch day. I kind of like the episodic approach assuming they can put one out every month or so. That being said, it wouldn't be terrible to wait until all episodes are available before starting. With some of the longer delays between episodes it can be hard to remember so of the minor choices you made in previous episodes.

I have about $100 in my Steam wallet from gift cards and I'd really like to play the first episode tonight. The only problem is that the Steam Fall Sale starts tomorrow and I'd rather use that credit towards heavily discounted games (I'm looking at you Shadow of Mordor.)

Not only that but Telltale games usually get discounted pretty aggressively on Steam. I wouldn't be surprised to see it available for about $15 right before episode 2 comes out. If you can wait until the final episode they are usually available for around $7.

I've been on each of their other recent games pretty close to launch day. I kind of like the episodic approach assuming they can put one out every month or so. That being said, it wouldn't be terrible to wait until all episodes are available before starting. With some of the longer delays between episodes it can be hard to remember so of the minor choices you made in previous episodes.

I'm eager to start Tales of the Borderlands as well, but the last two Telltale games (TWD, s2 and TWAU) went on sale on PSN after the first episode or two was released, and I was able to grab both for about 50% off for PS3. Other sales popped up after, some with even slightly better prices on the season pass, especially on TWAU.

I hear what you are saying about not remembering stuff from previous episodes. Even with the recap at the start of the episode, I was really scratching my head over some of the details once I reached the final episodes of both TWAU and TWD, s.2. In the latter, I couldn't remember certain characters' names or how they died.

There is really NO reason to buy a TT game when it first comes out. They always get discounted as time goes on. Hell quite often they'll discount to 50% off when the last episode comes out, and by then enough episodes have come out that you can gauge whether or not it is a good product.

World: "Hey Ubisoft, your latest AC game is a bugged up incomplete mess."
Ubisoft: "Duh, we're sorry. How about some free DLC?"
World: "Well, that's nice for some, but what about us that already purchased the Season Pass?"
Ubisoft: "Duh, we're super sorry. How about a free game like Watch Dogs or Far Cry 4 or some others?"
World: ".....FINE...."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/26/7...-broken-so-ubisoft-is-giving-players-free-dlc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts